PG Music Home
Posted By: rharv Track Categories in RB - 12/24/16 04:06 PM
One feature of RB I'm guessing most users don't take advantage of is the Track Categories.

These little gems offer lots of cool features.

A. You can set up Groups of FX and save them inside a track category. Then call them up quickly later. Example: I know when I record Barry using his SM58, I will likely want to add Compressor 'A' effect and EQ 'B'. I can save this Group as a TGS file to recall later, but Categories also saves these settings.

B. You can save an icon (image) that gets loaded on the track like in the image below. Then you don't even have to read the track info to find the track you are looking for. Just look for the person's picture. This is very cool and was added many years ago.

If you work with a familiar group of musicians, or are working on a project with multiple songs from the same band, this can make things much more enjoyable (and quicker).

"I need to adjust Barry's vocal right here"
Note the spot and look for Barry's pic in the track icon .. "ah! there it is!"
As you can see, I didn't even label the tracks in the image below (they are all Untitled), yet I can find the track quickly.. I hate typing <grin>
Simply save a group of effects using the same name as the Category in C:\RealBand\DX Settings\ (assuming C: drive).
Then put an image (about 50 X 44 pixels or so) in BMP format in the folder C:\RealBand\PTW_Pictures\Audio_Pictures\User_Pictures\ (assuming Realband is running from the C: drive) again with the same name as the category.
There is a 'Make a New Audio Category' option in the right-click menu.

Attached picture RBSkin6.jpg
Posted By: Timothy W. Cook Re: Track Categories in RB - 12/29/16 07:12 AM
Awesome tip.

Thanks.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Track Categories in RB - 01/15/17 09:18 AM
Originally Posted By: BigSugarHopkins
Awesome tip.

Thanks.

Agree completely.

AUD:ASIO:(0,1)Analog Out 1/2L Delete

Looks interesting too.

Charlie
Posted By: rharv Re: Track Categories in RB - 01/15/17 12:09 PM
It's not delete, it's Delta 1010 .. smile
It gets truncated due to length.

Barry and I got these same cards because they can easily be sync'd with one being the master clock. This way we are capable of 24 track in/out. 30 if you count the s/pdif
I have 2 and he has 1. Multiple PCI slots are getting harder to find these days but possible.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Track Categories in RB - 01/25/17 10:36 AM
Originally Posted By: rharv
It's not delete, it's Delta 1010 .. smile
It gets truncated due to length.

Barry and I got these same cards because they can easily be sync'd with one being the master clock. This way we are capable of 24 track in/out. 30 if you count the s/pdif
I have 2 and he has 1. Multiple PCI slots are getting harder to find these days but possible.

That makes sense. Is kind of a bummer it didn't turn out to be some super secret gizmo.... but it is a really nice super, whiz bang card.
Posted By: rharv Re: Track Categories in RB - 01/29/17 06:03 PM
That super, whiz bang card IS my super secret gizmo.
Don't tell anybody.
© PG Music Forums