PG Music Home
I just came across this today - I'm in the process of brushing up on my knowledge of chords, and I was looking up chord notes on websites outside of BIAB. Well, there's an option to see the chord notes right in BIAB if you open the Chord Builder and click the small dot next to the chord in the Chord Theory section. I've attached a screenshot that shows what it looks like.

Description: Chord Builder - Show chord notes
Attached picture ChordBuilder_Show_Notes.png
Ed, this is a terrific find! I had forgotten this feature was there.

Great work. Thanks for your post.

I invite you to try something that I requested a few decades ago. PG Music added a few MIDI styles that hold the notes of a chord while (just to avoid boredom) keeping a swing or bossa beat going as you listen to chord progressions. You can see the notes of the chord in the Notation Mode. Be aware that you will see inversions and some notes will be doubled. Still, you might find that helpful.

The styles are:

Heldbosa.sty
Sw44held.sty

Two terrific finds!
Thanks Matt - I did try those out and I think those will be helpful. I also found a couple other styles with held chords as well including this one, which I would characterize as a "utility" style:

Style is PIANOHLD.STY (Metronome w/ Held Piano Chords)

Also found the "held" chord styles referenced by Pipeline in a recent post where he recommends them when using a DAW to pick up chords from the BIAB DAW Plugin:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572093#Post572093

At the risk of mixing topics here, I wonder if it matters which style you were to use for the audio based chord detection. No need to pursue further here, but it may be something to consider.
© PG Music Forums