PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Helms Some nice updates. - 12/05/23 04:18 PM
New Comping feature, Highlight any section of an audio track, and Right click chose the feature Copy/Move highlighted area of current track to another track" A box pops up and allows you to place this on a destination track of your choice. If comping three vocal takes just add the parts to the next track as you feel is best. Easy and simple. no frills just effective.

Audio drag feature. Hold control and drag just like before, but not the you will see the wave file move rather than just a "ghost" box way more intuitive.
Posted By: musocity Re: Some nice updates. - 12/05/23 10:13 PM
Maybe be able to add tracks rather than showing all 256 empty tracks ?

I just tried what you said, it looks better but it was a bit sluggish:

[Linked Image]

Attached File
RB24-Move-Tracks.gif  (145 downloads)
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Some nice updates. - 12/06/23 12:50 PM
Yes it is a bit sluggish. This is because it is not clip based by design. Jeff was able to make it look like it is moving the wave file, but it is not really until it is released. so there is a tiny time delay. hopefully someday soon. I ask for only track chosen in beta. I believe it would make it better visually. The problem is the tracks, and busses are hard coded and would require a full rewrite to do that. So maybe a solution is another hide button like the busses to just show what is being used on the tracks window. We will see i guess.
Posted By: Jeff Yankauer Re: Some nice updates. - 12/06/23 08:44 PM
On my 2022 laptop with PCIe Nvme SSD, it's only around 3 seconds for RB to complete the move of a 201 bar stereo track with the song's tempo being 120bpm. Thanks.
Posted By: Jeff Yankauer Re: Some nice updates. - 12/06/23 08:47 PM
One idea instead of adding tracks (potentially for a future RB version, not this release) would be an option to autohide unused tracks higher than the highest used track, but it would still have one unused track showing above the highest used track, if there are no unused tracks below the highest used track, so someone could record on it without having to keep adding tracks just to record a new track or generate a new RT, etc. Thanks.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Some nice updates. - 12/07/23 12:03 AM
That is a good idea.
Posted By: rharv Re: Some nice updates. - 12/07/23 12:26 AM
I think instead of adding a button as an option, make that the default and add a way to unhide more if desired.
That would at least give the illusion of the effect as the default without having to futz with it in the first place.

As an improvement I would suggest that last available track is the default setting; ie if someone has it set to default to stereo tracks, that last extra available track is stereo, or if they have it set to record both L&R MONO then two mono tracks would be there.
I'll let Jeff decide how doable that is.
© PG Music Forums