PG Music Home
So, every time I get a new Real Band version I have to go through this, and I think last time I just gave it up. BTW, I do this all the time with Cakewalk and it is straight forward so I guess I am not THAT Stupid.

smile

Anyway, I have an audio track I am recording on track 18 and I have Amplitube 4 on the Edit/VST slot and see it shows up as an insert on that track. Check.

I have checked the input monitoring box in preferences.

If I record something on that track and play it back I can hear Amplitube, but not when I am recording.

Yes, I have input monitor checked on the main panel of preferences but still no go.

What have I missed??

(BTW, In adding a VSTi to a midi track I find I have to do several steps back and forth until it does what it supposed to, and recognizes what I want so maybe that is the case here. I can explain more on that confusing scenario if you want.) In Cakewalk, if you want a soft synth on a track you just add it and it does its thing. No multiple back and forth attempts at "selecting a special VSTi" and so forth. Same with amps on an Audio channel in Cakewalk. You just add them and they know what they are supposed to do if you enable them with the orange button staring you in the face on THAT track.

Anyway, what is the simple cure and additional box that needs to checked to hear Amplitube on that specific track while I am playing, and not just after the fact?

Also, one problem I had last year, is I somehow got the VST on the audio track with Amplitube to work, but it then used Amplitube on ALL tracks as if it were on the master or something. But it wasn't.

Kinda confusing.

If I get an answer I will cut and paste it this time!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Attached File
AMPLITUBE.png  (7 downloads)
Attached File
INSERT MONITOR.png  (6 downloads)
The missing secret step is to click the top box in the FX popup for the desired track, scroll alll the way down (it is a long way now with the 256 tracks)
and select Input Monitor at the very bottom.
Then use the 4 slots for FX.
Hope it still works, I haven't tried it lately ..

/Hope you can forgive me now
//it IS cumbersome ...
Whoa!

Thank you Harv!

You are the man!!!!!!!

Now I can finally forgive myself!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
© PG Music Forums