PG Music Home
As RealBand doesn’t handle VST3 I’ve been using Komplete Kontrol as a wrapper so I can use Kontakt 7 instruments.
Alas it seems Native Instruments has now made Komplete Kontrol as VST3 only as well.
Unfortunately, this means I can’t use any of my Kontakt instruments.
My options seem to be:
1. Learn to use another DAW that handles VST3, such as Reaper
2. Use another Wrapper such as Kushview Element.
I’ve tried Kushview Element which seems to work EXCEPT the volume slider in the Kontakt instrument returns to zero when I reopen the file.
When I move the volume slider back to where I want, it plays OK – EXCEPT it doesn’t take any notice of the volume nodes I enter for the track, which means no volume automation And, yes, I have assigned CC7 to the Kontakt volume slider.
Also, the Kontakt pan slider moves completely to the left after reopening the file. Even after I move the pan slider back to the middle it still only outputs on the left.
Has anybody got any suggestions. I really don’t want to have to learn to use a new DAW.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
I’ve attached event lists to show midi events at the start of the song (track 3 is the track with Kushview Element.

Attached picture event list track 3.JPG
Attached picture event list mutiple tracks.JPG
Thanks MoultiPass.
It's a temporary solution at least.
Though I'm a bit worried about these words from Native Instruments:
"We highly recommend using the VST3 version of Komplete Kontrol, since the VST2 plug-in will be phased out in the coming months.
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
Posted By: musocity Re: RealBand problems with Kushview Element - 03/26/24 08:32 AM
Have you got midi in hooked up in Element ?

Also see VST3 support... for 2024

[Linked Image from reatrak.com]
Maybe PG Music will do us RealBanders a favour next year and let the 2025 version handle VST3.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers, Mike
Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Thanks MoultiPass.

They've been saying that for 10 years, it's like electric cars, but we will always find diesels....

And anyway, with this method, you have VST2 and VST3.
Originally Posted by musocity
Have you got midi in hooked up in Element ?

Also see VST3 support... for 2024

[Linked Image from reatrak.com]
Thanks Musocity. I've got orange midi in hooked up to orange Kontakt 7, and green Kontakt 7 hooked up to audio out.
Your attachment looks interesting. I'll have a look at that.
Cheers,
Mike
Maybe PG Music will do us RealBanders a favour next year and let the 2025 version handle VST3.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers, Mike
Thanks MoultiPass.

They've been saying that for 10 years, it's like electric cars, but we will always find diesels....

And anyway, with this method, you have VST2 and VST3.
Thanks again MoultiPass. I reinstalled the the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol and it seems to be working fine.
Thank you for sending the instructions.
Mike
© PG Music Forums