PG Music Home
Posted By: critter Making wav files - 03/11/10 07:35 AM
How can I make a wav file from a seq and put it on a cd-rw so I can listen to it in my car? I can't seem to find a way to do other than a midi file. Thanks
Posted By: silvertones Re: Making wav files - 03/11/10 11:33 AM
Audio/Merge Audio & DXi to wav file
Posted By: Carolyne Re: Making wav files - 03/11/10 04:24 PM
Oh boy, I have had so many questions I love it when as a Newbie I can answer one. This is what I learned from Ray Thigpen re your question. Once you have saved your SEQ file you are ready to merge your mix to a stereo WAV file. Go to the Audio menu and select "Merge Audio and DXi Tracks to Stereo Wave File". I am making an assumption here that you have alread mixed and mastered your track and have the sound you want and have saved it as your master. If that is so you can just launc your CD Burner. I sugest you download and study the Basic Mixing and Mastering with RealBand by Ray Thigpen. He has made the process almost dummy proof.
Carolyne
Posted By: Carolyne Re: Making wav files - 03/11/10 04:27 PM
I must apologize for all the typos in the above message. OMG. Can we get spell check?
Carolyne
Posted By: critter Re: Making wav files - 03/11/10 11:16 PM
Thanks for info, it worked out fine. What is this about mastering, I can't find anything like that in RB. I will also look into Ray's thing too.
Posted By: critter Re: Making wav files - 03/11/10 11:25 PM
I can't find the link to Ray thigpen's link, if you can guide me, please do.
Posted By: rharv Re: Making wav files - 03/12/10 12:06 AM
http://rsthigpen.com/free/
Posted By: critter Re: Making wav files - 03/12/10 04:49 AM
Great reading, easily understandable, makes easy hands on training. Thanks a lot I think I graduated from grade school again lol
Posted By: Carolyne Re: Making wav files - 03/12/10 07:42 PM
I'm glad it worked for you. I will say that the RB Manual, Chapter 11 briefly speaks about mixing and mastering. The truth is it is very limited and only speaks to what RB is capable of doing. It says nothing as to how to actually do it and is not very helpful. Sorry Mr. Gannon because I love your products, but ...
Additionally when I read the responses to questions from some of the veterans, I am even more confused. They are very knowledgeable but a good instructor meets the student at the students level not the teachers and initially the assumption must be that the student knows NOTHING, or at best, very little about the subject. I cannot figure out what some of you guys are saying, but you sure sound smart. This is not a criticism just an observation. The manual should be written by the technical folks then handed over to the Ray Thigpen's of the world for editing.
Carolyne
Posted By: silvertones Re: Making wav files - 03/12/10 09:08 PM
Quote:

Audio/Merge Audio & DXi to wav file

I thought this was a fairly straight forward answer to the question.
Posted By: critter Re: Making wav files - 03/12/10 09:49 PM
You keep talking about a manual, when I got my ultrapak, I got the hard drive, Biab manual, 300 some pages, and a booklet with 2010 updates. Was I supposed to get a manual for RB too?
Posted By: silvertones Re: Making wav files - 03/13/10 01:50 PM
It's a .PDF file located in the Real Band folder. If you need printed fire up the old printer and a stack of paper.
Posted By: Carolyne Re: Making wav files - 03/30/10 03:33 PM
Please accept my apology John, I wasn't necessarily speaking of you I was speaking in general which is always dangerous.
Carolyne
© PG Music Forums