PG Music Home
Posted By: dbigers Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/21/10 04:47 PM
For anyone looking for these, the Kjaerhus domain expired a while back. But the link below has them. Grab them while you can, these are some good vst's. The chorus is a really nice one.

http://www.acoustica.com/plugins/vst-directx.htm
Posted By: rharv Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/21/10 06:25 PM
thanks dibigers!
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/22/10 12:03 AM
Several of these are go-to plugins. The auto filter can be really fun to play with and add rhythmic life to tracks that you wouldn't normally use for rhythms (pads for example).
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/22/10 12:11 AM
I see that these plugins are being hosted on Acoustica's site. Their Mixcraft DAW software looks like a nice blend between my first DAW, PowerTracksProAudio, and my current, but unsupported DAW, Tracktion.

Looks like Mixcraft has the midi note duration editing feature found in PTPA where there is a hybrid notation/piano-roll display of notes where you can change duration simply by pulling the horizontal bar associated with the note. Why other notation editors don't follow this kind of example is beyond me - it's a very intuitive way to mix the notation/piano roll paradigms.

-Scott
Posted By: Mac Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/22/10 12:31 AM
Well, that was an original feature in the Cakewalk pianoroll, carried on in Sonar today, as well as a lot of sequencers.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/22/10 03:51 AM
I've seen it in pianorolls all over the place, but not with notes printed over top like in PTPA. Do those others also have the velocity as a vertical bar like PTPA?
Posted By: rharv Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/22/10 01:59 PM
Here's a quick sample of my daughter using the Classic Compressor. I like the sound it has for vocals, and it is indeed, as Scott mentioned, a 'go to' plugin. Very light on resources and very stable. Great for when you are running multiple instances.

Since this is for educational purposes
I first imported the track and used the PGVocalRemover plugin to remove vocals. I narrowed the default frequency bandwidth to allow a little more of the mix through.

Then I ran a B1 LCD mic thru a VTB1 preamp and into a Delta 1010lt soundcard.
Had Michelle sing the song.
Then applied Classic Compressor and Ambience reverb to her track (note singular).
Her mother wanted her to record a few favorite songs for Mother's Day. She ran through this one in one take.. I did minimal editing to remove a few lip smacks between lines, etc.

http://audiomastering-online.com/stuff/untouchMichelle.mp3

I'll only leave this up for a day or two, for educational purposes
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/23/10 10:50 AM
rharv, your daughter sings very good. She sounds great! Did this in one take? She has a great future ahead of her if she decides to pursue the musical route.
Posted By: rharv Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/23/10 03:06 PM
Thanks Charlie - she work hard at it.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/23/10 11:06 PM
Mixcraft has had a major Tempo Drift problem since 2.x days that is not fixed yet. It is a fun & easy DAW, but that killed it for me.

And I hope that they keep hosting these Classic files as long as legally possible, it is a shame the Kjaerhus site has been down for so long. I have the Gold series and love them!
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - 05/24/10 12:49 PM
@jcspro40 - tried to send you a PM. Please send me a PM about the tempo drift thing.

-Scott
© PG Music Forums