PG Music Home
Posted By: Cav part markers in RB - 11/08/10 10:59 PM
I started a song in BiaB and used 4 different part markers a,b,c,d but when i imported it into RB to finish the song only part markers a,b imported. I tried many times same result. I couldn't find anything similar in other threads or in the manual. Does RB only accept A,B part markers? Thanks Cav
Posted By: Rachael Re: part markers in RB - 11/08/10 11:19 PM
To my knowledge, RB does not support multistyles (C/D markers). You have to change styles at that bar (F5). If you are not sure what style to use, go into BIAB and edit the style. Click on the Misc button and it will take you to a screen that will show the multistyle. That is the one that has C/D markers and the one you should use in RB.

R
Posted By: rharv Re: part markers in RB - 11/08/10 11:35 PM
Thanks for showing how to find those style associations Rachael.

RB will work a little differently, but can be even more flexible than the style/part markers. Some of us like it better because we can just highlite a section and generate it in any style. I've used basic soft rock A/B parts and then switched to Grunge for a bridge. Those types of changes would be hard to find in a BiaB style!
Have fun and experiment.
Posted By: Cav Re: part markers in RB - 11/09/10 12:42 AM
Thanks for such a quick response. I can't wait to get home tonight to try Rachael's
advice
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: part markers in RB - 11/09/10 06:34 PM
That old Rharv he is such a grunge!
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: part markers in RB - 11/09/10 07:28 PM
When you use RB, you have to change you're thinking a little bit. Don't think like you're still in Biab because you're not. RB will start you out with the first 8 tracks as if it is Biab if that's what you want it to do but it's not required. RB does way more. When you pick a style in RB you can go to a track, highlight one bar then right click on it and pick the instrument and generate just that. Change the style again, highlight the next bar and generate that only. That highlighting of just a few bars of one track is very useful to audition different RT's. It's not necessary to generate a complete track just fo hear if you like a particular guitar RT or whatever. Usually 8 bars is plenty to tell that and 8 bars will generate in a couple of seconds.
You can do this using any of your RT/RD's or midi parts and those midi parts could be coming from different synths both hardware and software. All this has nothing to do with the rest of the song like it does in Biab. You could have a couple of hundred different styles on different parts of all 48 tracks in your tune if you wanted to get stupid about it. RB is very powerful.

Bob
© PG Music Forums