PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones Juke Box - 12/21/10 02:08 PM
I just discovered that the Juke Box does not work in 2011.
Thank God I still have 2010.5 for a gig Thursday.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 12/21/10 07:34 PM
A fresh reinstall fixed it.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/05/11 03:01 PM
Nope. I went to use it and it wouldn't play.Also if I open it and delete the *.* wild card symbol & then try to add a song the wild card symbol comes back.I deleted the RB.cnf file & RB.ini file to get a fresh setup 7 still no dice. I reinstalled 2010.5 for now.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Juke Box - 01/05/11 05:55 PM
So that was why i could not even get it to work!!! Good catch John.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/05/11 08:39 PM
During BETA I had mentioned that the Juke Box was quite limited to the number od charecters it could have. If your songs were done deep in explorer it ate up charecters and would limit the # of songs to about 16. They said they'd fix this and they did with build 2. This is when I noticed the JukeBox was broken.
Glad it's not just me.
Posted By: rharv Re: Juke Box - 01/05/11 09:11 PM
Update your thread in the secret cave so staff is sure to see this; once you said it was fixed (above) this thread may have gone off the list.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/05/11 09:29 PM
I did & I emailed Andrew with a link to this thread.
Posted By: chrisvienna Re: Juke Box - 01/05/11 11:58 PM
Yes, since Build 2 the Jukebox is broken. Please PG Music fix the problem with a new Build. We need the Jukebox.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/06/11 03:29 PM
BTW
I had to do a complete reinstall to try and fix another issue. RB JukeBox works fine with Build 1.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/10/11 09:00 PM
Quote:

I did & I emailed Andrew with a link to this thread.

I haven't heard anything back. I'm hoping that the lag of the new build indicates that they are working on this. The new build for BIAB is out now but not RB.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/15/11 09:10 PM
Still no reply at all to this thread or my email.
?????????????????????
Posted By: Beagle Re: Juke Box - 01/15/11 10:37 PM
have you tried the build 3 beta?

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#2011_3

it doesn't SAY anything about jukebox - so it's probably not fixed in beta 3, but just thought I'd suggest it.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/16/11 02:07 PM
Yes I did.
Still broken. Went back to Build 1 as the other builds don't affect me nor add anything I need.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Juke Box - 01/18/11 08:38 PM
Hello John,

We are unable to duplicate this problem. Can you give us a specific example of something that doesn't work in the jukebox?
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/18/11 09:49 PM
delete the *.* Wild Card. Go to add songs and the *.* comes back. OK hit play & nothing happens.Go back to build 1 and it works. Go back to 2 or 3 and it doesn't. Except once it did. Grrrrr. That's when I thought it was fixed by a reinstall. Broke again so went back to 1. I'll try 2/3 again.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Juke Box - 01/19/11 12:05 AM
Does it work for you if you play songs from the RealBand\Samples folder?
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/19/11 12:43 PM
Just updated to 2 and then 3 and the Juke Box is dead.Doesn't matter what songs. Hit play and it just sits there.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/19/11 12:50 PM
Put Build 1 back in and it's fine. Hope you can fix this. Others are also having trouble.
I will try a re-DL of Builds and see if maybe I got some corrupt files.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/19/11 02:11 PM
No dice.. Same issue with the re downloaded Builds.Sorry.
I wish more people would try the Juke Box and report back.
Posted By: primera Re: Juke Box - 01/19/11 02:46 PM
The Juke Box don't work here. I have build 3.

Roger
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Juke Box - 01/19/11 06:30 PM
John i tried the juke box a couple weeks back, and it would not save anything at all i thought i was doing something wrong. I will go back and try again and report back.
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Juke Box - 01/20/11 12:48 AM
I tried here using build 2 and it doesn't work.
Thanks!
LLOYD S
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/20/11 04:37 PM
Come on folks I need some input from others. Matt,Rharv,Mac,etc.
Posted By: rharv Re: Juke Box - 01/20/11 09:25 PM
I can't get it to do anything here either.

Whether I use the wildcard or load a song(s)

Hitting play does nothing here
build 3
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/20/11 09:37 PM
Quote:

I can't get it to do anything here either.

Whether I use the wildcard or load a song(s)

Hitting play does nothing here
build 3

It's all your fault!
Posted By: Mac Re: Juke Box - 01/21/11 01:24 PM
Just a sudden random thought, but perhaps this may have something to do with how you have Indexing set up in the OS?

--Mac
Posted By: rharv Re: Juke Box - 01/21/11 01:35 PM
W7 64 bit with indexing on here
Posted By: John Conley Re: Juke Box - 01/21/11 02:09 PM
I don't use RealBand often but when I get a chance I'll try ..Win7 64 bit.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/21/11 02:18 PM
Quote:

Just a sudden random thought, but perhaps this may have something to do with how you have Indexing set up in the OS?

--Mac

Indexing on here also. The thing is it works perfect in 2011 Build 1. When they added a larger song limit in Build 2 the Juke Box no longer functioned.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Juke Box - 01/22/11 03:15 PM
Guess you don't need more piling on to confirm this doesn't work, but here is one more.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/22/11 03:19 PM
Quote:

Guess you don't need more piling on to confirm this doesn't work, but here is one more.

Yes need all the data we can get 'cause Andrew & Jeff can't replicate.
Posted By: bebopfive Re: Juke Box - 01/22/11 03:47 PM
I am unable to get the Jukebox to work...build 3. I have not seen any acknowledgement from PG about this issue. Have I just missed it? Surely they are aware of it and are working on it but it would be nice to have some confirmation. It is a badly needed part of this program for live performance.

Ken
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Juke Box - 01/22/11 03:57 PM
It seems to me to be curious that so many can't get it to work, but the guys can't replicate it?!?! I have an idea. If it works for you guys (Jeff and Andrew) How about a short and quick step by step explanation of the process you use to get it to work. I know there is a tutorial but i mean a quick bullet point, walk through. like first open program, and click on ......

This would be helpful cause then we could see if we are doing something different, and it would save you time in the long run.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/22/11 04:11 PM
Quote:

It seems to me to be curious that so many can't get it to work, but the guys can't replicate it?!?! I have an idea. If it works for you guys (Jeff and Andrew) How about a short and quick step by step explanation of the process you use to get it to work. I know there is a tutorial but i mean a quick bullet point, walk through. like first open program, and click on ......

This would be helpful cause then we could see if we are doing something different, and it would save you time in the long run.

I use the Juke Box daily and have for months & months and use it live so I know how to use it. During Beta I discovered, because of a gig I had that needed an extra long set, that the Juke Box was very limited in the amount of songs you could have in it If the path to those songs was deep down in the file system. The limitation is the # of characters that can be used. They confirmed this and were to fix for 2011. When they fixed this limit ,as we know, it broke the thing.Now maybe there's some other change to get it to work but the manual makes no mention & I can't get it going .
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Juke Box - 01/22/11 06:07 PM
No JOY here either (translation: Juke Box doesn’t work here even with just one song listed). Piling on late since I don’t visit here often and not a big RB user (actually almost never use it)

Win XP Pro SP3, RB build 3 (didn’t go back and try earlier builds or versions)
And while it makes no difference also PTPA 2010 and BIAB 2011 both complete (everything there is going back to DOS days and I think 97% of all non-BIAB/PTPA stuff that PG sells)

Wish you (us) luck SOON John

Larry
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Juke Box - 01/23/11 04:19 PM
John, my suggestion had nothing to do with showing you how to use it. What i was suggesting is that since they can't replicate the problem, then maybe Jeff and Andrew could detail how THEY set it up and enter songs, so if their method was a tad different we could emulate it.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/23/11 05:10 PM
Quote:

John, my suggestion had nothing to do with showing you how to use it. What i was suggesting is that since they can't replicate the problem, then maybe Jeff and Andrew could detail how THEY set it up and enter songs, so if their method was a tad different we could emulate it.

Got ya! Yea I reinstalled 3 yesterday. I tried every secret hand shake I could muster up. I could not get it to budge.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/23/11 08:35 PM
It'll get fixed. I'm confident of that. PG never let's us down.
Posted By: rharv Re: Juke Box - 01/23/11 08:55 PM
Why would you publish that?

Now it's jinxed. It's back to being your fault now.

Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/23/11 10:30 PM
Quote:

Why would you publish that?

Now it's jinxed. It's back to being your fault now.

What??????
Posted By: rharv Re: Juke Box - 01/24/11 12:01 AM
Just wanted to pass blame back into your court
Posted By: Mac Re: Juke Box - 01/24/11 02:17 AM
Yeah, its now John's fault.

And, John, its too late to quibble, its done stuck!

--Mac
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/24/11 01:00 PM
A fix is in the stars!
Posted By: bebopfive Re: Juke Box - 01/26/11 06:32 PM
I have seen nothing about the Jukebox issue lately...does anyone know what the status is?
Posted By: Mac Re: Juke Box - 01/27/11 01:31 PM
While I have no "inside information" or have heard anything along those lines, I do have a feeling that development is working on it as we type.

Keep your eyes peeled to the Update page for a release anytime...

--Mac
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 01/31/11 10:09 PM
Hang tight.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 02/01/11 01:02 PM
Fixed. Build 4 later today.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 02/02/11 01:48 PM
No build 4 ???????but build 3 Beta became build 3. Anyone tried the Juke Box with the NEW build 3?
Posted By: rharv Re: Juke Box - 02/02/11 01:49 PM
There is no 'new' build three, it's the same date as before from what I can tell.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Juke Box - 02/02/11 02:53 PM
Downloaded and installed V3 - Seems like it may now allow me to enter files, but still when I hit Start, nothing happens? Perhpas I just non't know how to use it? Silver you tell us, does it work?
Posted By: silvertones Re: Juke Box - 02/02/11 03:45 PM
I played last night & again tonight so the lappy is packed away.I talked to Rharv & no fix yet. Got to wait for Build 4. It's coming.Today I hope.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Juke Box - 02/02/11 07:29 PM
Beta 4 Jukebox is now appears to be working. More time will certainly tell.
Posted By: rharv Re: Juke Box - 02/02/11 08:37 PM
Yeeha!

Seems they got the tempo changes for RT's corrected also!
© PG Music Forums