PG Music Home
Posted By: Mark1008 Rendering to MP3 cuts off ending too soon - 12/30/10 12:56 AM
I have a MIDI file opened in ReadBand 2011. The ending of the song fades out nicely. I then rendered the song to MP3 format and when I play it back, the ending cuts off prematurely not allowing the instruments to fade.

What I did to correct this was to create a separate AUDIO track and record nothing past the faded ending in the MIDI file. When I rendered it to MP3 the ending was fine. Nice long fading instrument sounds.

Is there a better way of doing this that I am not aware of?

Mark
What I sometimes do to avoid this situation is click near the end of the midi drums track (or you could pick a different midi track), then click on the Piano Roll icon to open the end of this midi track in the Piano Roll view. Grab the end of, say, the last symbol hit, and drag it out an extra measure or two to extend it's sustain duration. This will force the song to play a couple of measures longer when rendering, and will catch the rest of your fade.

Terry
Thank you Terry. I did exactly what you said, I extended a cymbal crash that was at the end of the song and .... there it is....Extended ending and faded BEA-u-ti-fully!

Thank you for your reply!

Best Regards,

Mark
this would be a good item for the TIPS AND TRICKS forum, as other people probably have the same question from time to time. In the busier forums good information tends to get buried in the avalanche of new posts
Posted By: rharv Re: Rendering to MP3 cuts off ending too soon - 12/30/10 06:47 PM
I encounter this often with audio tracks; many times the song hits the 'end of file' before the reverb finishes ringing.
Solution- record a few seconds of nothing on another blank track that moves the end of file back.
Quote:

I encounter this often with audio tracks; many times the song hits the 'end of file' before the reverb finishes ringing.
Solution- record a few seconds of nothing on another blank track that moves the end of file back.

Good point Rharv. Another way I've found, if you're dealing with Realtracks that cut off early, is just to change the song length from, say, 68 measures to 70 or 71 in the song length box, then just highlight the last section of that Realtrack and regenerate.

Terry
© PG Music Forums