PG Music Home
Posted By: rstill48 RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/15/11 09:50 PM
Could use some help with this problem:

I am trying to add a few additional bars to a RealBand piano part that starts in the middle of a tune. Specifically, I am attempting to add two additional bars of piano just before the chorus of the tune. When I highlight the two bar area and choose "generate real track", the two bars generate, but everything on the track after the two bars gets erased.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug? Why doesn't RealBand just generate within the two bars that are highlighted and leave everything else in tact?

Thanks!
Posted By: rharv Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/15/11 10:29 PM
Do you have the 'use selected region' checbox checked? Otherwise it IS suppose to generate only that section.. always has here. That's why I prefer to do a lot of generating in RB.
Posted By: multitracker Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/16/11 02:08 AM
Quote:

Could use some help with this problem:

I am trying to add a few additional bars to a RealBand piano part that starts in the middle of a tune. Specifically, I am attempting to add two additional bars of piano just before the chorus of the tune. When I highlight the two bar area and choose "generate real track", the two bars generate, but everything on the track after the two bars gets erased.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug? Why doesn't RealBand just generate within the two bars that are highlighted and leave everything else in tact?

Thanks!

Does your song have a tempo change in it somewhere? This symptom is most likely a bug if you are using RB 2011 or 2011.5. See the thread at this link: http://tinyurl.com/6xgtk7r

PG Music Support acknowledged to me that this bug existed in the 2011 version, and I was hoping for a fix in 2011.5. But after seeing your post, just tried creating a song with a tempo change, then highlighted an 8-measure section of one of the realtracks and asked for a re-generation of just that track/section. What I got was a messed-up tempo in the re-generated section, then a blank spot in the same track for several measures after the selected section. So, unfortunately, this is not yet fixed. I hope we can get a fix on it soon; this has been a problem for 7 months now.

For now, you could do a work-around by selecting the entire track for regeneration then afterward cut the section(s) you don't want. Or if there's something in the existing track you don't want to lose, select a new track and generate the same realtrack# in it's entirety, then cut and paste what you want to use.

Terry
Posted By: rstill48 Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/16/11 12:47 PM
Terry,

I think it's a software bug. I've been doing what you suggested, but it takes a lot longer. Really a pain. Thanks.
Posted By: DonMusic Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/16/11 06:08 PM
Same problem here . . .

A bug for sure.

I work around by using another track to generate the wanted bars, cutting and pasting into the first track.

Another thing I've experienced . . . sometimes the original track is stereo, but the second track - same setup, real track, etc., turns out mono. Hello.

Don
Posted By: silvertones Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/16/11 09:03 PM
Works fine here if I understand you correctly.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 02:40 PM
Quote:

When I highlight the two bar area and choose "generate real track", the two bars generate, but everything on the track after the two bars gets erased.

I have 2011.5 (build 3) and the above operation works fine - I opened AudioEdit for the RT track I wanted to add to. Chose a blank spot, highlighted between bar 32 to bar 34, clicked the Generate button, chose my RT# and it generated in both those bars and left the rest of the track untouched.

Let us know when you find the solution. It doesn't appear to be a "bug" unless I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

Cheers - Ian
Posted By: rstill48 Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 03:08 PM
Ian,

If the bars that I am adding to a real track (let's say bar 32 and bar 33) are touching bars that already have audio on them (let's say bars 34 - 50), then bars 34 through 50 end up blank, and only bars 32 and 33 have audio. The original is gone, and only the new bars added have audio. This is the problem. I don't want to replace bars 34 - 50......I want to add to it......32 and 33. There should be no reason the bars are wiped out. So, I think it's a software bug.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 03:59 PM
Hey

OK - I did just that. Normally I use the Classic Track Window - I like simplicity.
But this time after reading your response, I opened the Tracks Window, clicked on track 9
and used my mouse to highlight 2 bars out of a solid seven bar stretch, and Generated the RT.

Nothing is missing and the two bars were replaced.

Ian
Posted By: rstill48 Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 04:11 PM
Did you have audio in the two bars of the 7 bar stretch, and then replace the two bars? Or did you have two blank bars and add to the 7 bar stretch??
Posted By: silvertones Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 04:58 PM
I did it exactly as you do. I had a solo running for 12 bars in the middle of the song at bar 24. I highlighted bar 22 & 23 and generated a RT solo in those 2 bars and all was fine.
Posted By: rstill48 Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 05:24 PM
Well, as we can see from all the post in this thread, it works for some of us and not for others. Wish I could figure out why. I have to add another track, generate the bars on the new track, cut and paste into the track I really want to use. Takes some extra time but works. Thanks everyone for your input.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 06:45 PM
Out of curiosity, how difficult would a reinstall be.

As you asked, I replaced two bars in the middle of an 8 bar passage.

Ian
Posted By: silvertones Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/17/11 06:51 PM
To help you sort this out does the song have tempo changes? My tests do not.If they do please indicate where and I'll try to test that way.
Posted By: multitracker Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/18/11 01:35 AM
Quote:

To help you sort this out does the song have tempo changes? My tests do not.If they do please indicate where and I'll try to test that way.

John,

That's the key parameter that I was trying to get across in my post. This bug only appears when you have a song with a tempo change in it. I'm assuming Rstill has a tempo change in his song, but he has not confirmed whether or not that is the case. It would be helpful if he'd let us know. I can say for sure that it is a real bug. It was not a problem until version 2011 came out, and has not yet been fixed in 2011.5. PG Support acknowledged the existence of the problem in an email, and surmised that it may be related to the new Elastique feature introduced in 2011.

Terry
Posted By: rstill48 Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/19/11 03:18 PM
Terry,

The answer is : Yes! I have a tempo change in my tune. Thanks!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: RealBand Erasing Track Problem - 07/23/11 01:01 PM
Why not make that section a separate song and import as waves into the RB session and cut it into place.
© PG Music Forums