PG Music Home
Hi,

I've been trying to record a MIDI track in RB.

I'm using the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth with a Patch selected for the track, and I hear that patch as I play after having pressed the record track (track is of course set to MIDI).

After pressing "Stop", I get the message "Audio Data was recorded. Put Audio data on track 3".

Why is the data not being recorded as midi data ?

Thanks in advance,
Joe
It is.

There is a checkbox in prefeences to 'Record audio data too when track is a MIDI track?'
You must have it checked and RB is asking if you want to put the audio on the next available track.

Possible? Are you sure you are not getting the MIDI recorded in addition to the audio?
Thanks Rharv,

I deselected that checkbox - to learn that the MIDI doesn't seem to be getting recorded at all; I see no data as I record, nor any after I finish.

I should be able to record with the RB keyboard, no ?

Perhaps I screwed up my configuration - I am using a driver called MIDI Yoke to redirect the output of Virtual Piano MIDI keyboard to the MIDI In of RB.

Maybe I need to uninstall this config and try again.

Any other troubleshooting tips you could recommend, barring uninstalling this software ?

Thanks,
Joe
I don't know anything about virtual MIDI keyboard .. so won't be able to help much with setting it up. If you play it and the keyboard on RB lights up you should be able to record it.
Well, I don't think it's the Virtual Keyboard, I deinstalled and deselected the relevant MIDI driver, and same behavior

I'm guessing there is some setting, or combination of settings, that are not set right - perhaps the MIDI Input driver is not set properly (do I even need particular MIDI IN drivers for recording from the RB keyboard ?) or the channel settings, or something like that.

If anyone can suggest what settings I should be tinkering with to troubleshoot why MIDI notes are not being recorded when the "Record" button is hit, I would be much obliged.

Regards,
Joe
© PG Music Forums