PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Session strings - 12/25/11 09:53 AM
Happy Christmass everyone ,my brother bought me Session Strings ,and it is brilliant ,i have manged to get it to work with Realband 2012 ,and it sounds sweet ,i have recorded two midi tracks with effects and two audio tracks with effects ,but not being very good with Realband yet ,which is another Christmass present from me to me ,i am not sure how to save it so as all the effects and everything else in the song is saved ,any help please ,best wishes Brian.
Posted By: rharv Re: Session strings - 12/25/11 03:02 PM
Do you want to save the working file (seq format) or have a wave file all mixed down?

First option File-Save As

Second option - Audio - Merge audio and DXi tracks to stereo wavefile
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Session strings - 12/25/11 03:20 PM
Thanks for your help ,i have used both options and it has worked fine ,
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Session strings - 12/29/11 01:01 PM
hey Brian,

how about posting a song that uses session strings to the user showcase so we can hear how good the strings sound?

Are the sounds substantially better witghout tweaking, or do you have to massage the continuos controllers to get superior results?
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Session strings - 12/29/11 04:39 PM
Quote:

hey Brian,

how about posting a song that uses session strings to the user showcase so we can hear how good the strings sound?

Are the sounds substantially better witghout tweaking, or do you have to massage the continuos controllers to get superior results?

LOL , I am sorry i should not laught ,that would be a good idea,when i get Realband to work ok ,lol i keep getting near,but then some thing else rears its ugly head ,i am very tempted to go back to my trusted Power tracks which is a flawlees work horse ,mean while i have Session strings and kontak 5 to play with ,and guitar rig pro,and have not produced a note yet lol ,but i will ,and yes the session strings sound sweet as they are ,i am quite sure a monkey could make good music with what i have ,so i dont know whats stoping me lol .best wishes Brian.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Session strings - 12/29/11 07:44 PM
Brian if it works in PT it has to work in RB, since RB IS PT for all intents and purposes. Open PT and write down the setup features like audio driver, midi driver, and also what synth you are using for basic sound, and then open RB, and set it up exactly the same.
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Session strings - 12/30/11 11:17 AM
Quote:

Brian if it works in PT it has to work in RB, since RB IS PT for all intents and purposes. Open PT and write down the setup features like audio driver, midi driver, and also what synth you are using for basic sound, and then open RB, and set it up exactly the same.

Hi Robh
yes would have thought so ,but its not quite like that ,i have everything set the same ,in Powertracks and RB ,but when i start recording ,in RB what a shocking sound that is when the butons are pressed to hear what i am playing ,or the button to make sure the effect is recording , woe not good ,yet in powertracks ,perfect ,nothing to alter,just press and go ,but i will keep on keeping on with Realband,,best wishes Brian.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Session strings - 01/01/12 11:52 AM
Sounds to me like you have the bit rate part set wrong. Both programs need to have the same audio, in fact all the tracks. If you set it wrong and try to play something that is or was recorded at another rate you get NOISE. Have a look at that.
Posted By: John Conley Re: Session strings - 01/01/12 11:53 AM
I just realized I said sounds to me.

I'm deaf.

And of course I'm speaking figuratively I don't want you to think I can hear your system. .
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Session strings - 01/01/12 01:31 PM
Quote:

I just realized I said sounds to me.

I'm deaf.

And of course I'm speaking figuratively I don't want you to think I can hear your system. .

No you are not deaf are you ? No ,oh good ,well listen to me when i am speaking to you ,lol ,well i have to admit the bit rate was all over the place ,as you said ,and again i have RealBand working well at the moment ,so i wont moan about the RealBand ,because it was all down to me not knowing what i was doing ,lol but ,we will learn,thanks and very best wishes Brian.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Session strings - 01/01/12 03:35 PM
Glad you figured it out Brian. You seem to be a guy who communicates well, and I think you'll be a great asset to the forum as you gain expertise with the software.
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Session strings - 01/02/12 07:31 PM
Hi Pat ,thanks for your kind words ,i am not really new to this ,but i am a slow learner ,lol ,i see you have Sonar 6,well i have Sonar studio 8 ,and i dont really get along with it very well ,it looks good ,but i find everything a little long winded,i was wondering what your opinion was.best wishes Brian/
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Session strings - 01/02/12 09:06 PM
Quote:

Hi Pat ,thanks for your kind words ,i am not really new to this ,but i am a slow learner

actually, to me you seem like a very fast learner. I presumed you were a new user because I hadn't seen your name before, and new users tend to appear on the forum after each version release

Quote:

,lol ,i see you have Sonar 6,well i have Sonar studio 8 ,and i dont really get along with it very well ,it looks good ,but i find everything a little long winded,i was wondering what your opinion was.best wishes Brian/

Sonar is a great program. In fact there are a LOT of great music programs, but I can't afford to upgrade them all. Around version 6, I could see that it wouldn't be long before Real Band could do everything I was doing in Sonar, plus a whole lot of proprietary stuff that Sonar CAN'T do. That's why I'm still at version 6... I decided then that the one music-making software I would upgrade is the PGMusic suite.

With this release of RealBand (2012) RB does all the things that are important to me. So, even though I answered your question indirectly, in a roundabout way I told you what I think of Sonar.

Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Session strings - 01/02/12 11:55 PM
Hi Pat thank you for your reply on Sonar ,i too think Band in a Box is pretty good ,i have always kept an eye on this Forum over the years and like yourself have always updated when a new release came along ,i used to post a few songs in Showcase ,and still listen to the brilliant artists that it has gathered,infact there are plenty of class acts ,who just keep getting better,
anyways ,nice talking with you ,best wishes Brian.
Posted By: MitchC Re: Session strings - 01/02/12 11:57 PM
I got Reaper and have fiddled with it off and on, but think 'why' ? Real Band has been doing everything I need it to do !!
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Session strings - 01/03/12 07:05 AM
Quote:

I got Reaper and have fiddled with it off and on, but think 'why' ? Real Band has been doing everything I need it to do !!

Hi, MitchC
I Think you may be right ,Real Band ,does the job very well,but like yourself i like to fiddle
i will have to have a look at Reaper now you have mentioned it,lol,best wishes Brian.
© PG Music Forums