PG Music Home
Happy New Year - I-m still working with 2011.5 while 2012 is waiting for installation.

I have a lead vocal track at 90 bpm, Key C.
I want to insert this track in an 80 bpm tempo SEQ, without changing Key.

Is the AudioEdit Window in RB the best vehicle for this task - using the time stretch to make 90 bpm vocal fit with backing tracks at 80 bpm.

Pros and cons. Is there a better alternative? Too lazy to re-sing at the moment.

Thanks - Ian
Quote:

Too lazy to re-sing at the moment

Why Ian I am shocked...LOL! Couldn't resist kidding.

I've never tried speeding up or slowing down a recorded vox track in RB. Maybe make a copy of the track saving your original and try it.

Josie
I just experimented with an instrumental track I played lap steel on. Slowed the tempo from 92 to 85 and the converted audio tracks sound just fine, so I'd guess that a converted vocal track might sound OK as well ?
What's the matter Ian ,are you broken ? LOL
Quote:

What's the matter Ian ,are you broken ? LOL

Quick catch, Tommy, for 6:42 AM.

I erased my pitch correction software by mistake.

Ian
Quote:

Why Ian I am shocked...LOL! Couldn't resist kidding.

Thought I might take a friendly gibe or two over this one.

Actually I like the RTs I have, and their current tracking, too much to change their bpm and rewrite their current incarnation.

So the vox becomes experimental. . . . after copying.
I don't like figuring out the math either.

Ian
Hi Mitch

Sunny cold and white outside - perfect day for experimenting.
Thanks for giving it a shot. I don't read about this feature being used that often.

Guess it's time for the Polar Bear swim . . . hmmmmm - coffee first.
Ian
Ian, not sure if this is a problem or not but I can see a possible issue with getting the vocal to synch exactly with the backing tracks. If that happens, try the reverse, make the backing tracks 90, render the whole thing to a fully mixed stereo wav and then bring that back in and time stretch it down to 80.

Bob
Quote:

I don't like figuring out the math either.

Shouldn't have to, RB offers tempo change in addition to time stretch in the right click option (if the original tempo is know)
© PG Music Forums