PG Music Home
Posted By: soulagent Audio Sync Problem - 01/28/12 09:06 AM
I have Realband 2012 with Win7. I generate 3 realtracks all ok. I record a 4th Guitar track thru my Roland UA-30 USB Audio Interface. Records ok. When I go to play back, the recorded Guitar track is lagging the other 3 tracks. I have changed the midi & audio latency settings forever but cant get it to sync. Any ideas?

cheers

Soulagent
Posted By: silvertones Re: Audio Sync Problem - 01/28/12 02:57 PM
This is very odd BUT.........
My stuff is torn down at the moment. House cleaning time.
I usually do all my recording with my XP laptop. The other day I wanted to do a quick little bass part so thought I'd use my Win7 x 64 laptop that was hooked up to the mixer at the time. I couldn't seem to get that bass part to play tight to the other tracks. Thought it was me. Might not be now that you bring this up. When I get set back up I'll give it a go. I use a PCMCIA card. Audidgy2ZS notebook with KX drivers. The only difference between the 2 setups is the drivers for the card are different versions.
Posted By: rharv Re: Audio Sync Problem - 02/10/12 11:37 PM
Are you using ASIO or MME audio drivers?
Try the other one ...
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Audio Sync Problem - 02/11/12 01:59 PM
smaller buffer size reduces latency doesn't it?
Posted By: ROG Re: Audio Sync Problem - 02/12/12 07:12 PM
You're always going to get some time lag between realtracks and live recordings, even with buffer sizes as low as possible. The MIDI/latency settings won't help. It's most noticeable when there's only one live track playing against several realtracks - as you build up more live tracks the natural variation in timing masks the effect.

If you've got a problem with one track, you can always got to the start of the track and open the audio edit window. You can then see how late the track is. If you highlight the gap and go to CUT and check the CLOSE GAP box, the audio will slide into place alongside the realtracks.

It's a bit tedious, but it works.

ROG.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Audio Sync Problem - 02/13/12 02:29 AM
I get it when I add vocals (and I do them dead least every time) and have NO idea how to stop it. Didn't happen before I put in 12.0
Posted By: silvertones Re: Audio Sync Problem - 02/13/12 01:37 PM
Just tried it again. Twas' me. Dead on as far as I can tell. I did a bit of "Good Hearted Woman". Strong 1-5 bass part and very strong kick.The newly recorded bass part lined up very well with the pre recorded kick that was originally a midi part. So.......
© PG Music Forums