PG Music Home
Lost the posting already, but someone posted a link
to Coolsoft. I downloaded it and few sf2 files.
The ChromiumRevA pak has some demo's that are outstanding.

This is really a nice little synth, to me sounds much better
than the Forte.

But the title question. Not much gain if I cant render.

Am aware, could be recorded, but trying to avoid that part.

Thank you,
If it ain't hardware it's software.There are 3 types of software synths VSTi, DXi & standalone.Standalone will be the only issue but I've never run across a standalone that didn't also have one of the others as an option.
Seeker - Can you please restate your question. VSTi is a soft synth, so the question is confusing to me.

What exactly is the question?
rockstar_not,

Sure, this software operates like a standalone, but does not seem to have
DXi or VSTi abilities.

I want to be to render, not record.
This link prompted my interest.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=356243&an=0&page=0#Post356243

If you read a little about the specs, it resides as a part of the system.
I sits in the drop-down screen with the midi-mapper and also my Audigy 2 ZS selections.

Thanks
Hi, Seeker -

The cool-soft appears in the computer as a MIDI port, so for all intents and purposes, it's like using a hardware synth. So, to get the sounds from it, you have to record the song, not render it electronically. It's as if you had a Creative Soundblaster card capable of using soundfonts. It's a virtual sound-card.

I just downloaded it and tried it too (briefly); however, I didn't see where it was implemented as a VSTi or DXi, so sorry, no direct render (just as if you had a Creative Soundcard playing your soundfonts, or an external hardware unit).
© PG Music Forums