PG Music Home
Posted By: musiclover Copying track settings? - 05/25/12 10:36 AM
Hi folks,

Looked but can't see this feature, just wondering if its possible?

To copy all the track settings to another track including all the insert effects, with their subsequent settings.

I have it in cubase, kinda handy!

musiclover
Posted By: jford Re: Copying track settings? - 05/25/12 11:33 AM
I don't think you can do that for everything set on the track; however, this is what I do.

I just select the track I want to duplicate and make a copy of it to a blank track ("Track, Duplicate" command). I can then select "Track, Erase Data Only" to get the audio/midi data out. I can now record on that new track with the same settings as the previous track. Only takes a few seconds to do.
Posted By: rharv Re: Copying track settings? - 05/25/12 11:31 PM
You can 'Save Group' in the FX window, if that helps. Save a set of insert effects, then go to the other track and 'Load group' to use the same effects & settings on a different track (if that is what you are after).

Quote:

including all the insert effects, with their subsequent settings

Posted By: jford Re: Copying track settings? - 05/26/12 12:56 AM
Yep, that's the other thing you can do, but saving group doesn't save panning and volume settings; only the FX settings.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Copying track settings? - 05/27/12 11:37 AM
Quote:

You can 'Save Group' in the FX window, if that helps. Save a set of insert effects, then go to the other track and 'Load group' to use the same effects & settings on a different track (if that is what you are after).

Quote:

including all the insert effects, with their subsequent settings

Thanks Bob, didn't think of that, that is a great idea.

Those brain cells of yours are still working flat out even though you hit the old 50's

Think mine are dying off.

Thanks John for your input too.

Thanks again,

musiclover
Posted By: rharv Re: Copying track settings? - 05/27/12 12:50 PM
My 'Save Group' folders have subfolders.

Example of use here; create a vocal preset (group) for a certain singer to use as a starting point on all the songs for a given project.. then adjust for each song and 'save as' "vocalist_songname", where vocalist is singer name and songname is name of the song.
© PG Music Forums