PG Music Home
Posted By: jlbelard Two monitors - 12/17/12 03:08 AM
Is it possible to work on tracks window on the main monitor and have the piano roll window on the second monitor?
I do that all the time with Flight Simulator where you can "undock" the GPS or the radio from the main panel.
With RB, if I slide the piano roll to the second monitor, the track (or events, or score) windows go with it
Please advise
Jean-Louis
Posted By: solidrock Re: Two monitors - 12/17/12 09:55 AM
Like that ?

Bob...
Posted By: jlbelard Re: Two monitors - 12/17/12 12:53 PM
Not at all...
Wish to be able to use two different monitors

JL
Posted By: solidrock Re: Two monitors - 12/17/12 08:46 PM
That IS 2 monitors, it is a print screen of the 2 monitors.

Bob...
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Two monitors - 12/17/12 11:24 PM
WIll EVERY component of RB move from window to window? I want to have the mixer and VU meters on monitor 2 and the mixer will not scroll off monitor 1.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Two monitors - 12/18/12 12:33 AM

Bob...
Posted By: solidrock Re: Two monitors - 12/18/12 12:43 AM
Or you can get a Large Hi-res monitor or 32" TV 1920x1080.

Bob...
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Two monitors - 12/18/12 01:31 AM
So weird that the VU meters scroll onto the second screen but the mixer won't. It just gets "lost" between them. It comes off the 26" (#2) but won't cross onto the 22" (#1). It literally gets lost.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Two monitors - 12/18/12 04:27 AM
Have you got the main window spanned across both monitors ?
I know the VU window can be moved out of the confines of the main window,
it would be great if they all could.

Like in other DAW's

Bob...
Posted By: jlbelard Re: Two monitors - 12/18/12 01:35 PM
Apologies, I thought it was one only...
How did you do that?

J-L
Posted By: solidrock Re: Two monitors - 12/18/12 08:00 PM
Just press the "PrtScr" button on your keyboard then paste it in Paint or a photo editor,
you can use "Alt + PrtSrc" to do the active window only.

Bob...
Posted By: rharv Re: Two monitors - 12/19/12 12:13 AM
I think he was asking how you made it spread out like that.

I guessing you expand the main RB window across both screens. Then your box to play in expands over both screens.
Posted By: carkins Re: Two monitors - 12/20/12 01:10 AM
I'm currently running 2 LG 1080 LED TV's as dual monitors with no problem.

If you right click on the windows desktop and then (in Win XP)go to Properties>Display then you can select which is your Primary Monitor and then select the second monitor and select "Extend desktop to this monitor".

Otherwise the same desktop/view of Realband will appear on both instead of expanding your real estate.

In Win 7 you accomplish the same (right click on the windows desktop) and then Select screen Resolution>Multiple displays

However one TV is a 42" and the other is a 47" which makes the part extended to the 47" slightly offset even when both are set at the same resolution.

So if you are thinking of going with 2 1080 LED TVs and want a "seamless" look then get both the same size to avoid this.

Carkins
© PG Music Forums