PG Music Home
Posted By: Joseph Land Track Removal Question for Realband. - 12/16/13 12:40 AM
This drives me up a wall so I would really like to hear from someone who might know how to eliminate this problem.

In Realband, if I open up any song that has only Realtracks, Realband processes the song but I wind up with the 1st 7 tracks, listed as MIDI, which are empty and are identical to the 7 items in BIAB namely, Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, Melody and Soloist. The 8th track, which is also empty, is BB Audio. My actual audio tracks do not show up until the 9th track etc...

This is wasting a good third of my screen with useless information. Anyway to get rid of/hide those 1st 9 tracks?

P.S. I am up to date on all patches for 2014.

UPDATE FROM MY OWN POST:

I see if I render it via DAW and drag to Realband it eliminates the unwanted tracks but how come I cannot just open up a BIAB SGU file with only realtracks and not have those unwanted tracks show up.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Track Removal Question for Realband. - 12/16/13 03:00 AM
You can just click on the 1st midi track then hold the shift key and click on the Number on the last track go up to Tracks Menu > Remove Tracks.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Track Removal Question for Realband. - 12/16/13 11:40 AM
Originally Posted By: solidrock
You can just click on the 1st midi track then hold the shift key and click on the Number on the last track go up to Tracks Menu > Remove Tracks.

You've got to first " make all bb tracks regular tracks" then do what you said.
Scroll down?

Seriously, that's what I do. The empty tracks don't bother me since I'm only there to create the real tracks and move on.

Just like any DAW, you can delete or hide the tracks you don't want to see. I think you might have to do that every time though.....so for me, scrolling down is faster.

Generally, I'm only in RB long enough to generate the tracks I want for my current project so I can export them to Sonar for mixing and adding live tracks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Track Removal Question for Realband. - 12/17/13 12:00 AM
Silvertones has the winning answer in my opinion.
Why save those tracks as BB tracks to begin with? Erase/Remove them once (and save), or scroll every time you open the project.

Yeah you can hide them, but they are still there .. possibly firing up an instance of a synth, or saving unneeded data. Quick n Easy to just be gone with them right away. Once you click the magic button Silvertones mentioned they are just empty tracks. You can easily remove them using the Tracks drop down.
You can also move everything up if you want, and re-arrange it using the Track Swap feature.

I like a neat comfy project.
Click track on Track 1.
Stuff like that.. a little attention to detail and the project feels much more comfortable for me.
Just adding this for anyone searching, in newer versions of RealBand (2017 at least!), use Edit/Tracks/Remove Tracks to remove/delete highlighted tracks in RB. There's no more Tracks drop-down menu.
© PG Music Forums