PG Music Home
Posted By: solidrock Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 06:15 AM
I remember doing things in DOS, like you would want to make it a bit easier than that to adjust the volume when mixing, see the video below AA and other DAW's have node envelopes then I can go to the mixer and mix the song with my ear using the sliders while it is playing without volume sliders going up and down and having to go back to the tracks in RB, right clicking and "Change volume of all nodes by...##" enter amount, go back to mixer....ad infinitum...for each track in the mix that has nodes each time I want to adjust the volume.
Have a look at RB at the end of the video and see if the volume nodes are even working correct ?
Workin Nodes & PG Nodes.MP4

Workin Nodes & PG Nodes.WMV

Look at all the effort put into the posts:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=231527&page=1

and other users with node problems:

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=236786#Post236786

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=234612#Post234612

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=237485#Post237485

I must be doing somethin' wrong, goin' crazy, maybe need some meds. ????? does it happen to anyone else or is it just me lol.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 06:52 AM
Hi SR

Thanks for the detailed video, which demonstrated the issue. I tried to simulate, but I could get working results if I was careful about node edits.

On your sample, the volume went down, but didn't come back correctly, is that right?

If I'm on the same page, then the captures below show how to get it to work OK.

I think if the node edits are at the exact same position on the timeline, the last node to be edited is inserted later in the list then any previous node at the same position, and therefore takes precedence.

Please try my idea out and edit the highest volume point last and see if it solves for you. Not saying it's right, but it may be a workaround you can use.

Cheers
Trevor

Attached picture 2014-02-18_17-40-49.jpg
Attached picture 2014-02-18_17-45-40.jpg
Posted By: solidrock Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 08:48 AM
Watch the Volume Slider in both REAPER & RB, notice the "Automation Modes" options you have and also Vol Pan etc....
You can't mix songs in RB when it is stuck on Read Vol Automation.
RB vs REAPER nodes:

RB vs REAPER nodes.MP4

RB vs REAPER nodes.WMV
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 09:59 AM
OK, now I better understand the point you are making

It was a bit difficult just watching the original video clip and the associated mouse movements, and with the clip switching between DAWs, what it did vs what you expected, or how you compared it to specific functional operations of other DAW products.

By watching the video, the exact requirement unfortunately wasn't concisely clear (to me at least).

Thanks for the further video, and elaboration with the text. I think I understand better now
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 06:00 PM
Hi,

Yes, in RealBand build 4 we added new functions to change the values of all nodes, by right clicking. That allows you to, for example make the entire track quieter, even though you have entered many nodes.

We didn't add new types of automation, like clip autmation, or panning automation. This is volume automation, that is intended to affect the sliders. (and, yes, clip automation is a nice feature, as you've shown us working in Reaper, and we do plan on adding that and panning automation in future.

A separate issue is a small bug that was demonstrated in the screnshot by video track. That is a special case that only happens if this is the last node in the track, and would likely be seen only in making a quick test file, but we can duplicate that and will fix that case nonetheless.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Yes, in RealBand build 4 we added new functions to change the values of all nodes, by right clicking. That allows you to, for example make the entire track quieter, even though you have entered many nodes.

Can you see that at the moment you are force to have nodes, each time you delete a section of track or move a section of track (ctrl+shift) it will put nodes in automatically that renders the volume slider useless it will serve zero purpose, unless you have the track expanded you will not see that it is putting nodes in, before to have the volume sliders automated we would record the mixer moves, you had a choice but now you are forced to have nodes, like how many users will even know that it is putting nodes in and now find they can't adjust the volume of the track anymore ? as the post links show :
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=234612#Post234612

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=236786#Post236786
Posted By: solidrock Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 09:34 PM
This will fix the problem for now, just have a button to enable nodes on the track (on/off), when you get the rest worked out the button can bring up a selection box with Vol Pan FX etc.. nodes:

Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/18/14 11:27 PM
>>> Can you see that at the moment you are force to have nodes, each time you delete a section of track or move a section of track (ctrl+shift) it will put nodes in automatically that renders the volume slider useless it will serve zero purpose, unless you have the track expanded you will not see that it is putting nodes in, before to have the volume sliders automated we would record the mixer moves, you had a choice but now you are forced to have nodes, like how many users will even know that it is putting nodes in and now find they can't adjust the volume of the track anymore ? a

Good point. With regular operations like copy/cut paste you do get to select whether you want nodes included. But with those other 2 (delete, ctrl-shift move) it looks like nodes are copied (or created). We should be able to not do that for those commands, and maybe add an overall "allow nodes" on the track.
Posted By: rharv Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/19/14 12:17 AM
I like where this thread is heading. smile
Posted By: solidrock Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/19/14 01:25 AM
"allow nodes" button on the track would be great,
THANKS !
Posted By: solidrock Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/19/14 05:38 AM
I don't know if it would be easier when you make the vol & pan clip envelopes in the near future to have them in the Audio Edit window as suggested here for BB: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=237106#Post237106 ????
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/19/14 05:45 AM
Originally Posted By: solidrock
I don't know if it would be easier when you make the vol & pan clip envelopes in the near future to have them in the Audio Edit window as suggested here for BB: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=237106#Post237106 ????

Re: "in the near future"

That's what I like. Optimism !

Posted By: solidrock Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/19/14 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
That's what I like. Optimism !

LOL I try to be.

Wavosaur is a free wave editor that has Clip Nodes, and 32/64bit version, only 288 Kb.

Posted By: LynB Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/23/14 10:54 AM
Although you can enter "Nodes" on a Midi track and the original edits work the Change Volumn does not. Is there a reason why not???
Posted By: Mac Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/23/14 01:01 PM
Build 5 is now posted...
Posted By: Del Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/27/14 02:26 PM
I believe I've seen this issue when cutting and pasting on an audio track. I found if I open the event list and delete all of the events, then my volume control on the track works like it should. It took me quite awhile to figure this out, I thought I was going crazy at first and perhaps I am.
Posted By: Mac Re: Node Fix RB2014 build 4 ??? - 02/27/14 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Del
...I found if I open the event list and delete all of the events, then my volume control on the track works like it should...

Hi Del,

Look for your screenname at the bottom of the Mixer View, where there is one button labeled DEL - Highlight one or more of the Mixer Tracks, hit DEL - and all embedded Volume, Reverb, Pan and Chorus cc's go away.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums