PG Music Home
Posted By: Thrust Multi output WDM driver - 04/09/14 01:25 AM
Is there a multi output WDM driver available for Real Band and Power Tracks? I have no success with asio and with mme driver I only have a stereo in and a stereo out. I have a M-audio 4 input 8 output profire 610 interface and it seems like such a waste. Ive tried asio on 3 computers with 3 versions of Power Tracks and none of them gave satisfactory results. I even tried asio4all same results. Ive used multi output WDM drivers with other software but cant seem to see it as one of the options in Power Tracks.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/09/14 01:48 AM
Sorry I'm like a deer with no eyes as to what you want but see if any of these help:

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/

http://midithru.net/Home/AsioLink
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/09/14 01:03 PM
Are you using the latest ProFire ASIO driver (6.1.1)

It's a long shot, but have you tried a multi client ASIO wrapper? Check here for a discussion: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=48
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/09/14 01:22 PM
The bigger question would be...does BB & RB actually support more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs (stereo) at a time?

Cakewalk, for example, sells a number of DAW's. Some of those only have 2 inputs allowed, where as the larger Sonar line supports multiple in & out. Their Music Creator line of DAW's don't care how many inputs and outputs the interface has, it will only recognize 2 of them at a time.
Posted By: rharv Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/09/14 11:46 PM
Yes
RB (not BB) natively supports as many ins/outs as your system can list.

I've run multiple cards, each with 8 in/out, to get 16 in/out total more than once.
Mind you these cards could be sync'd to avoid drifting, but a single device with 8 in/out is used quite regularly here in RB and PT.

The OP stated in his post it was RB and PT (not BB).

I suspect the manufacturers driver is not properly installed so windows can see it.
Posted By: Thrust Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/10/14 04:06 AM
Originally Posted By: rharv
Yes
RB (not BB) natively supports as many ins/outs as your system can list.

I've run multiple cards, each with 8 in/out, to get 16 in/out total more than once.
Mind you these cards could be sync'd to avoid drifting, but a single device with 8 in/out is used quite regularly here in RB and PT.

The OP stated in his post it was RB and PT (not BB).

I suspect the manufacturers driver is not properly installed so windows can see it.

When I click the driver dropdown button I see MME and Asio. Asio gives me glitches and odd noises and all kinds of other problems and when I use MME I only seem to have acess to L,R in and L,R out. Ive used the same interface with other software that under WDM or MME drivers shows me all my inputs and outputs. In Power Tracks I only see the 2 options I mentioned. In Reaper I see 5 different options without changing anything in my computer. Why does Power Tracks only show 2 ? Does anyone else see multiple ins and outs with the mme driver ?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/10/14 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Thrust

ASIO gives me glitches and odd noises and all kinds of other problems and when I use MME I only seem to have acess to L,R in and L,R out. Ive used the same interface with other software that under WDM or MME drivers shows me all my inputs and outputs.

ASIO should be the more stable and capable of the drivers BUT...that depends on the hardware. If the hardware is designed to run with ASIO, and you are having issues, the setup is not right. If the hardware is not designed to run with ASIO, such as factory cards in laptops (generally) MME is the way to go.
Posted By: Thrust Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/11/14 02:58 AM
I would entertain the idea of malfunctioning driver except this has persisted thru 2 intefaces 3 different computers and 3 versions of power tracks. Also the interface shows me all my ins and outs in 2 other daws and Audacity and Sound Forge audio editors.

I would think if it was some sort of driver issue I would have noticed at least some sort of asio issue with at least one other audio application.

Currently musing a M-Audio Profire 610 but Ive never seen all my inputs under Power Tracks MME driver with other interfaces either. Again has anyone seen multipli ins and outs under MME in Power Tracks or Realband.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/11/14 07:11 AM
Realband is like that, things that work in every other DAW don't in RB and common things in other DAWs are not in RB.
It is a shame because it is awesome in what it can do, but the interface is so Junior School and behind the times.

Here's an ASIO DirectX you can try
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Hardware/ASIO/

Register 32 bit
copy asiodxfd.dll file to C:\Windows\System32

goto C:\Windows\System32 click on cmd.exe

at prompt type RegSvr32 asiodxfd.dll
Restart

Register 64bit
copy asiodxfd.dll file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

goto C:\Windows\SysWOW64 right click on cmd.exe run as admin

at prompt type RegSvr32 asiodxfd.dll
Restart

You can change Buffer size for delay, just click on it change, hit enter.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/11/14 11:51 AM
Do you have any DAW's beside the PG stuff?

I'd be curious to know if it acts the same way with Sonar or some other DAW.

I don't use MME so I can't answer the question you posed. I work totally with ASIO.

If I get some time I may open BB and switch drivers to see if it shows the same thing as yours.
Posted By: rharv Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/11/14 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Thrust
Does anyone else see multiple ins and outs with the mme driver ?

Yes. See below.

Attached picture RBdriverList.jpg
Posted By: Thrust Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/12/14 03:08 AM
Yes Rharv which version is that you are using? My latest version is Power Tracks 2012. Maybe newer versions have better support for multiple ins and outs under MME.
Posted By: rharv Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/12/14 11:53 AM
PT has supported multiple in/outs for many many years, your version is not the problem.
You are not using the correct drivers (most likely).
Or firewire chip issue.
Posted By: Thrust Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/14/14 02:49 AM
Well Ive tried asio4all and the results were unsatisfactory so I guess Im just out of driver options and I really don't want to experiment with another firewire card as this one works fine with other daws and audio editors. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions. I guess I just have a combination that doesn't play well with Power Tracks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/14/14 11:02 PM
PT does need the OS to recognize the drivers. Otherwise I'm kind of lost.

I'd suggest making a post in the Off Topic forum and ask if *anyone* has the Firewire 610 working in ANY PGMusic product. If so, their settings/setup may offer clues, as PT should be as capable as the rest of the products.
Posted By: silvertones Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/15/14 05:41 PM
I've been using an ESI GIGAPORT HD+. It's an output only USB interface. Rock solid WDM.IT has never even glitched once.
ESI GIGAPORT HD+
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/15/14 05:49 PM
While NOT the FW 610 I AM using the FW 410 - have been since my first Win XP machine in 2004.

This pre-dates RB and goes back to around PT 10 or maybe PT 9?? (well before PG started naming PT as PTPA 20xx - with a YEAR)

I just did a quick re-install of PTPA 2010 for grins (two versions before yours) and all the MME I/O of the FW 410 is seen by PT (see pic).

For completeness I am running Win 7 64 bit PC (see specs below) now but was running, until just two years ago Win XP 32 bit, and STILL run WIN XP as dual boot, as laptop, and as VM - ALL with PTPA, RB and BIAB installed.

I also normally, but not exclusively, run ASIO drivers (either M- Audio's or ASIO4ALL - depends on how I feel, what I'm doing, etc.)

Attached picture PT2010 & FW410.jpg
Posted By: Thrust Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/16/14 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
While NOT the FW 610 I AM using the FW 410 - have been since my first Win XP machine in 2004.

This pre-dates RB and goes back to around PT 10 or maybe PT 9?? (well before PG started naming PT as PTPA 20xx - with a YEAR)

I just did a quick re-install of PTPA 2010 for grins (two versions before yours) and all the MME I/O of the FW 410 is seen by PT (see pic).

For completeness I am running Win 7 64 bit PC (see specs below) now but was running, until just two years ago Win XP 32 bit, and STILL run WIN XP as dual boot, as laptop, and as VM - ALL with PTPA, RB and BIAB installed.

I also normally, but not exclusively, run ASIO drivers (either M- Audio's or ASIO4ALL - depends on how I feel, what I'm doing, etc.)

Your graphic looks like what I see in other Daws on the same computer with WDM or MME drivers. But not in Power Tracks. I only get stereo in and stereo out.
Posted By: rharv Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/16/14 10:59 PM
1. In Larry's graphic I'm only seeing 2 'inputs' available. Many more Outputs.

2. Again, suggest checking the driver package for the device. If suspect, uninstall then reinstall new drivers. Larry may be able to offer more insight into which drivers he's had success with, and how he installed them.

3. Notice Larry's selected 'Audio File Type'
Is yours the same? This may affect choices available..and behave differently in different DAWs.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/17/14 05:16 PM
Rharv,

OP questions was:

"Is there a multi output WDM driver available for Real Band and Power Tracks"

In short, as you pointed out, all 10 outputs are listed: FW 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, S/PDIF (S/PDIF = 9&10), and the SW multichannel. There are no more outs on a FW-410 (that I am aware of?).

Also the picture DOES show all AVAILABLE MME FW 410 inputs: 2 analog "Line 1 &2 (FW 410)," 2 more digital inputs the "S/PDIF (FW410,") - that exhausts the actual physical ins on a FW 410, but it also shows the "Multichannel (FW410)" which represents the FW SW RTN "mix" controlled via the M-Audio FW control panel. Only the M-Audio control panel controls that multichannel mix attribute - not any DAW.

I think I have shown that a on a Win 7 64 machine with a properly installed & configured M-Audio driver PTPA 2010 (and beyond, since I have used 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and now 2014) sees all FW410 I/O's.

Turns out that is also a true statement, for me at least, on a WIN XP 32 bit machine. I already knew this, but I also double checked it works with RB and every other DAW I own - I have a couple Sonar, Reaper, Mixcraft, Cubase and few not so common.

BTW that is NOT my normal I/O config I just selected that config for this quick check of PTPA and RB going back to the first PTPA 20xx.

Thurst

I do hope you get it sorted out.

Good luck
Larry
Posted By: rharv Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/18/14 11:51 PM
Larry, I understand the original post, but in later post it wandered (was adjusted a bit):
Quote:
Currently musing a M-Audio Profire 610 but Ive never seen all my inputs under Power Tracks MME driver with other interfaces either. Again has anyone seen multipli ins and outs under MME in Power Tracks or Realband.

I just wanted to clarify whether he is looking for Ins or Outs, since he mentions 'inputs' later.

Goes-Into and Comes-Outa are different questions.
Posted By: Thrust Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/19/14 04:36 PM
Im looking for both ins and outs. The additional ins and outs appear under MME or WDM in every other siftware I use but not in PTPA. Larry do you know the version of the M-audio driver you used in the post you showed above.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Multi output WDM driver - 04/20/14 10:07 PM
Sorry been gone last two days

Firewire 410 SW is dated Nov 2009 and it's the same version for both Win 7 64 and Win XP 32, version:

Panel 5.10.0.5058
Driver 5.10.0.5058

and as an FYI the 410 firmware is from 2007.

I note that the driver for your Profire 610 at M-Audio, for both Win 7 SP1 and Win 8 either 64 bit or 32 bit, is dated Aug 2013 and is version 6.1.1.
© PG Music Forums