PG Music Home
Posted By: calinexile Saving to MP3 - 10/31/14 11:56 AM
In latest version of Real Band (WIN 7) I have an *.seq arrangement (100% RB) that won't save to audio of any type. It goes almost all the way, then locks up, displaying a dialog that says "access violation". I had to use task manager to shut it down, and the original file was totally corrupted. Fortunately, I found the backup file. The two file types I tried were *.WMA and *.MP3. Is this just a non-functional feature, or do I need to jump through other hoops? Any help would be really appreciated.

Glad to be back after several years!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Saving to MP3 - 10/31/14 12:01 PM
Hi calinexile,

It sounds like this might be a Windows permission thing.

Try this ...

Right-click on the shortcut you use to open Realband or go to the Realband directory and right-click on Realband.exe), select "Properties" from the pop-up menu and, under one of the tabs, you'll find an option to run the program as an administrator - activate that setting.

Hope it helps,
Noel
Posted By: calinexile Re: Saving to MP3 - 10/31/14 12:25 PM
Thank you for your response. Alas, no workee. Perhaps I should buy Power Tracks; it always worked well.

Thanks again
Posted By: calinexile Re: Saving to MP3 - 10/31/14 12:33 PM
Back again! On a hunch, I saved to a *.mid file, then to *wma. It WORKED!
Does this one qualify as a bug?
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Saving to MP3 - 10/31/14 07:47 PM
Hi
I have found that problem if I muck about with the generated BIAB tracks (like delete the audio in a BIAB track). Better to leave them as they are and simply mute them and generate others. Hope this helps.
Posted By: rharv Re: Saving to MP3 - 10/31/14 10:58 PM
For the initial problem, try using Audio- Merge Audio and DXi to (whatever)

This works as expected here. MP3 relies on having a Windows codec, but all other options usually work out of the box.
Using 'Save As' also relies on some Windows settings that may or may not be in place. May be part of your problem using the Save As method.

The Audio option I suggested used to be under the File menu item, but is now under the Audio drop down.

Audio- Merge Audio and DXi to (whatever format you want).
This takes whatever you hear and makes an audio file of it.
© PG Music Forums