PG Music Home
Posted By: solidrock Free Drum VSTi MT Power Drummer - 11/09/14 08:29 PM
jcspro40 mentioned MT Power Drummer in off Topic.
Download full version here: http://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php
Activate here: http://www.powerdrumkit.com/activation-simpel/activate76187.php
Don't download the one on the Download page as that is the Demo version.

You will need the 32bit VST for PG
You can also download the MIDI Mapping - Presets to send to any other Drum Kit.
Go to the Bottom of this page: http://www.powerdrumkit.com/download.htm

You can make the whole track up in the VSTi then drag into Realband, if it needs to be changed just Delete the track in RB and drag n drop again. You can't drop one section in at a time as RB panics if it is midi type 0

To get sound in the VSTi you will need to use ASIO
If you don't have an ASIO audio device or is not connected you can use ASIO DirectX ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Hardware/ASIO/

32bit Windows
copy asiodxfd.dll file to C:\Windows\System32
goto C:\Windows\System32 click on cmd.exe
at prompt right click paste RegSvr32 asiodxfd.dll
Enter

64bit Windows
copy asiodxfd.dll file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
goto C:\Windows\SysWOW64 right click on cmd.exe run as admin
at prompt right click paste RegSvr32 asiodxfd.dll
Enter

In your Audio Preferences > Audio Driver Type MME, ASIO
choose ASIO > Drivers > ASIO DirectX
In the ASIO Drivers Control Panel choose you Inputs n Outputs.

Edit:
You can also use it as a standalone, just get VSTHost 64 or 32 File > New Plugin and set the Tempo up the top to same as RB. You can then download the 64 bit MT Power Drums if you are on 64 bit machine.

RB panics when you drop another type 0 midi in the same track (until PG fix it) so the midi files just need to be converted from type 0 to type 1.
The easiest way to do this on the fly is with Sweet Midi Converter just set it to output to Type 1 and set an output folder, list folder details by Date so the latest one will go to the top.
Drag the midi from VSTHost Standalone to Sweet Midi Converter, click convert, click new, set RB to Snap to Beat, drag file from output folder into RB with the track set to MT Power Drums VSTi. This should work with others like MusicLab RealGuitar.

You can use this also NAudio_MIDI_File_Converter.zip it's free, it will convert the the folder you drag the grooves to to another destination folder that you can drag into RB but you will then have to move the finished files out as it will only convert to an empty folder. It will also convert EZD 1 Library to midi type 1 so it will work with drag n drop in RB.

This is EZDrummer 2 but same deal:
EZDRUMMER_EZKEYS.mp4
EZDRUMMER_EZKEYS.wmv

This way you can make the track up bit by bit in RB
just load the 32 bit plugin into the midi track.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Free Drum VSTi MT Power Drummer - 11/10/14 02:18 AM
Thanks Solid Rock,

That is nice of you to share your insight about downloading and installing the program.

Neat program. Especially like the price. I think I'm going to have to play with it before I'll be able to use it. First time I've tried to use a VSTi program inside RealBand and sometimes I get sound and sometimes I don't.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Free Drum VSTi MT Power Drummer - 11/10/14 08:50 AM
Added more info on standalone:

You can also use it as a standalone, just get VSTHost 64 or 32 File > New Plugin and set the Tempo up the top to same as RB. You can then download the 64 bit MT Power Drums if you are on 64 bit machine.

RB panics when you drop another type 0 midi in the same track (until PG fix it) so the midi files just need to be converted from type 0 to type 1.
The easiest way to do this on the fly is with Sweet Midi Converter just set it to output to Type 1 and set an output folder, list folder details by Date so the latest one will go to the top.
Drag the midi from VSTHost Standalone to Sweet Midi Converter, click convert, click new, set RB to Snap to Beat, drag file from output folder into RB with the track set to MT Power Drums VSTi. This should work with others like MusicLab RealGuitar.

You can use this also NAudio_MIDI_File_Converter.zip it's free, it will convert the the folder you drag the grooves to to another destination folder that you can drag into RB but you will then have to move the finished files out as it will only convert to an empty folder. It will also convert EZD 1 Library to midi type 1 so it will work with drag n drop in RB.

This is EZDrummer 2 but same deal:
EZDRUMMER_EZKEYS.mp4
EZDRUMMER_EZKEYS.wmv

This way you can make the track up bit by bit in RB
just load the 32 bit plugin into the midi track.

Posted By: rharv Re: Free Drum VSTi MT Power Drummer - 11/11/14 12:06 AM
Thanks!

This is another 'Drum VSTi' that is simple, doesn't require ASIO and works as expected in PGProducts -
www.masteringmatters.com/stuff/DR005.zip

The zip file includes a text file with the key they told me I could publicly share.
Then you have to unzip the install file.

It's basically a drum sample player that allows you to set up a kit of samples and then play them back via regular drum MIDI data with a mixer for each drum.

Each 'track' is assigned a sound (wav) and note #, then you can start tinkering with the mixer and other features. Limiting part is that each instance only holds 8 'tracks' or different drums.
In RB you can run more than one instance of a plugin though, so that may help.
Decent description here -
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb01/articles/fxpansion.asp

Using samples of Realdrum drums (and Realdrum tracks) you can sometimes use this to mix in the drums you want pretty easily.

© PG Music Forums