PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 Rea EQ - 11/16/14 02:35 PM
I am currently using real band as my daw but the parametric eq is impossible to use. Makes no logical sense to me. Anyway, I have been trying to download reaper's ReaEq but when I download it I cannot find the exe file to install it. The other plugins I have installed usually pop up with the install wizard. Any suggestions?
Also just discovered the download option on the reaper website but my Norton antivirus program blocks it as a malicious download.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 05:34 PM
I would get rid of Norton's, that is a virus itself ! takes control of your PC and won't let you do anything LOL, when it runs out you can get a Free AV like Avira or Avast.
ReEQ won't work in RB, have a look here http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=EQ&l=5 download the ***.dll *32bit vst and copy it to your VST folder C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTplugins or wherever you have it (BB & RB can only use 32bit VSTs) click on the track FX button > None > Add VST Plugin.

Posted By: rharv Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 05:45 PM
Originally Posted By: solidrock
ReEQ won't work in RB, ...

Why do you say that?
Do you have a problem running it? (showing the free reaplugs)

Attached picture ReaEQ_RB.jpg
Posted By: solidrock Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 06:02 PM
Upload your version.

Posted By: solidrock Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 06:22 PM
This is V2.0 it works ReaPlugs.zip
Thanks rhav, I could not find ver 0.4 that goes way back.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 07:20 PM
Try Programs(86)/Steinberg/Vstplugins. That is where I find mine after I download a plugin. Otherwise I get the same error message you get. By the way I tried your link and got the same malicious site warning from Norton. It is hard not to trust. It has saved me on a few occasions.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 07:22 PM
Also Sandboxie is great for Internet protection:
http://www.sandboxie.com/
Posted By: Rich59 Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 09:02 PM
Finally found it and downloaded the software on a safe site. I did have to go to programs(86)/steinberg/vstplugins to find it as I stated above and it does work with real band. I am confused with certain terminology.
There is a show phase option. Not sure why I need it.

There are a number of other options. Low and high shelf, low and high pass. Not sure what the difference is. I do understand the high and low pass filters.

All pass-Not sure why I would need this.

Band, band pass, Band (alt), and band (alt2) I assume the alt and alt2 is a variation of the original band but not sure how that differs from bandpass.

Notch-I assume is for specific problem frequencies. No help button available. Need to find out where I can get the specifics on each.
Thanks for your help,
Rich
Posted By: solidrock Re: Rea EQ - 11/16/14 09:19 PM
You can have a look on www.youtube.com but Norton may very well block it as a Dangerous site !!

© PG Music Forums