PG Music Home
Everything worked fine with all my previous versions of RealBand but since I upgraded to the 2015 version my songs that are SEQ files don't send the correct instrument settings to my external synth via MIDI. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
I had this same problem when I upgraded to 2014. Not Christmas yet so haven't upgraded to 2015. But...if its the same problem...go into Preferences, MIDI (tab 6 I think), find the menu that lists "Disable Special Controllers" and check that. Not sure why this does that but at the time there seemed to be some issue with Nodes, special controllers and instrument settings. Did the trick for me. YMMV.
Thanks for your input MountainSide but what you suggested didn't fix my problem. I just noticed something else - when I go to the tracks of the songs I can hear some different instruments playing than what the songs tracks are set to. When I change to another instrument and then back to the original instrument then the correct intruments will play. I save the song but when I open the song later I have the same problem all over again. Maybe the problem is with my Ketron SD2 and the problem just happened to show up when I upgraded to RB 2015. Any other suggestions? I wish I had another external synth to try but I don't.
Definitely have a suggestion! There are midi program controls embedded in your tracks. Go to the top row in RB, off to the right of center there is an icon that looks like a blue page with an E on it. Click on that and then pull up one the tracks you are having a problem with. Look for some lines labeled SysEx.....delete those. Close this dialog box and go back to your track. Reassign the patch you want from the Ketron and do a "Save As" not a "Save" for the song. A "Save" does not save the patches, a "Save As" does.

Jeff
© PG Music Forums