PG Music Home
I am referring to the track name area in RB where its possible to drag between tracks, trouble for me it has a mind of its own and I get overlapping tracks even when I don't want it.

Just wondering what is the purpose of this erratic feature anyway when there is a down arrow to show the volume node area?

Musiclover

Attached picture realband tracks.jpg
Concur - irritating.

I thought it was just me <G> I've been looking to see how to "auto" size groups of tracks, or set default so that tracks heights stay fixed unless I drag them bigger, etc. I'm sure there is something I can do to do stop this behavior but haven't found it yet

Larry
It's a feature to hide un-needed tracks to save screen space, but can get out of hand easily.

Fix is to drag the bottom line for the track down to resize it.
There used to ba a little arrow on the very left that has gone by the wayside.

I agree; I do not find this behavior useful. I'd rather have to scroll than to fidget with the track height.
Yes, I expected to be able to select all "offending" tracks and double click the edge/bottom line, or some other icon/arrow/etc. and have them all resize to default or something (like in a set of rows in a database or spreadsheet)

Larry
I've noticed that but really haven't paid it any mind since I rarely work at the top of the GUI anyway.

On the flip side.... most DAW's do have a "minimize track size" function of some sort to save space or allow more to show on the screen..... although, most of those default to full size and you must intentionally select the smaller size track by track.
The user does something in RB to change the track height also .. sounds like Larry is requesting a one click fix for all tracks. Like 'Default track height layout for all tracks'.
Would it be an option for the current project or a setting for opening files?
Two different approaches.

© PG Music Forums