PG Music Home
Posted By: malevans Real Band Access violation - 12/23/14 07:17 PM
I have saved a song in BB and wanted to try the render of a part file in Real Band. The song is an MGU file. I have RB at its default, tried switching from ASIO to MME, also tried switching all available midi drivers. My soundcard is ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

When I try to select part of the wave file I immediately get 'Access violation at address 0074CFBD in module 'RealBand.exe'. Write of address 000005C7 at 0074CFBD'.

The odd thing is that my mouse cursor seems to trigger the violation message whether I am in the tracks window, bars window or chords window. I try to select part of the audio file. Then the violation message just keeps on and on, even though I keep pressing Esc. I then have to exit via task manager.

I tried live support but they are all busy. Anyone have a similar problem?
Posted By: malevans Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/23/14 07:19 PM
I have updated RB to build 2 2015
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/24/14 12:03 AM
Mal I looked up your sound card it stopped support at windows vista. It may work with win 7 for most programs, it might also have driver issue.

My last interface was a Tascam US-800 it was supported up through Vista and I never could get it stable on win7 pro. It may be something else but since I upgraded to an interface with stable win 7 drives everything works smoothly.

The question is why is RB shakes, and not BiaB? I have alway found BiaB to be happy on just about any system. RB requires seemingly more resources.
Posted By: malevans Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/25/14 10:21 AM
Don't think it's the sound card Robh. I switched to on-board sound and same issue.

It's a shame Asus doesn't support more with drivers. Last time I support them, even though the sound card quality is superb.

Think i'll stick with Cubase 8 Pro for DAW .... RB has too many glitches. I have never seen it running smoothly, at least not for me.

I may send an email, post holidays, to support .... see if they have any answers.

Happy Christmas everyone.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/25/14 07:20 PM
I hope you get it sorted out. I have enjoyed Arab. I will say that while it is pretty stable for me it is not nearly as stable as my studio one program, nor does it have the tools. What it does it does very well.
Posted By: Darren Green Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/26/14 12:59 PM
I am also having a problem with access violations.
I recently updated to 2015 from 2014. Now if I load a previously created RealBand seq file that has tracks that came from BIAB, I get an access violation window
whenever I try to select a section of audio on a track for editing. The window has the following information;

Access Violation at address 007442BE in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000342 at: 007442BE.

I have tried loading several different seq files that all used to work fine. If I start with a new Realband file with no information from BIAB then I can hilight the track section like it is supposed to.

I have tried deleting the RB.cfg and the Realband.ini files to restore to factory but no luck.

My system is an i7 processor with, 9 MB of RAM, Lots of space on the hard drive. I use an M Audio Fast Track Pro as
my input source. I have tried over and over with the same result. I have loaded a file I just created, originally in BIAB, and also files I created several years ago. Same result each time. Everything worked fine prior to updating to 2015. Any ideas?

Thanks
Darren
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/26/14 01:22 PM
i wish i could help, but that deep of an issue is a good reason to call support and get some help from the source. those guys have saved my ample backside a few times.
Posted By: malevans Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 10:45 AM
I'm glad to see I am not alone Darren. It seems to be a different error code though. The problem is constant access violations and no further progress can be made.
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 11:15 AM
Can you post contents of your Realband/RBErrorLog.txt file?
And the Realband/Data/FlashMessageLog.txt file?
Posted By: malevans Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 01:52 PM
Hi rharv ..... Can't find any RBErrorLog.txt file but this is the FlashMessageLog.txt file.

'- No Recent soloist found for riffs...launching the RT picker dialog [23/12/2014 22:22:39]
- BBW2 init time in ms: 4768 [23/12/2014 22:17:56]
- Initializing accompaniment functions... please wait... [23/12/2014 22:17:51]
**** New Session started at : 23/12/2014 22:17:51'

Not sure if it is relevant but any way of stopping these access violations would certainly help.

Many thanks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 01:57 PM
Sorry, the other file is RBError.log, but it is a text file.
Please post.

Your entry below doesn't look familiar:
- BBW2 init time in ms: 4768 [23/12/2014 22:17:56]

Never seen that one before, wonder if it has something to do with the issue ...
Posted By: malevans Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 04:47 PM
Hi again rharv,

This is the error in the log .... I only posted this one, of about two hundred of the same error.

(2015 (2)) 23/12/2014,22:04:53 - Access violation at address 0074CFBD in module 'RealBand.exe'. Write of address 00000567 at: 0074CFBD

The previous differing error was

(2015 (2)) 12/12/2014,19:38:27 - Access violation at address 004B6283 in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000007 at: 004B6283

Hope this helps.

Posted By: malevans Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 04:51 PM
If I posted all errors there would be an extremely long thread. :-)
Posted By: Del Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 07:37 PM
Hi Darren, I have a similar problem with Real Band 2014.6 and 2014.7 If I create a song within realband I can save it and modify it with no problems. If I create a song in Biab and then open it in Realband, it opens fine but if I try to save it as a song.SEQ file it gives me 'Access Denied Violation'. I found if I rename the file like 'song1.seq' it saves ok. Anytime I reopen the file and try to save it, I have to rename the file. Really is a pain in the you know what. Renaming the file might be a crude work around for you until the problem is figured out.
Del

Edit: This post should have said 'Access Violation' instead of 'Access Denied' my mistake.
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 08:35 PM
Del,
Is the renaming workaround taking place during the save function (using Save As)?
If so,
Where do you have the program installed (which folder?)
This sounds like a permissions issue and I suspect your default folder. Could it be that RB is installed in the Programs folder instead of its own root folder?

'Access Denied' is much different than 'Access Violation'.
Very basically speaking (due to my limited knowledge):
The first message above is the system saying 'You don't have permission to read/write here' (most probably the 'write' permissions .. since you are saving when it happens).
The second is saying 'something went wrong when the system tried to access data'.

/Maybe your question should have its own thread
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 08:45 PM
Malevans,

I'm guessing a few minutes with support and you'll get this fixed. I know the time difference is a challenge, but Chat or Remote assistance will likely be the quickest fix once initiated.

The repeated same memory address of the error and the fact it is in the Realband.exe module tells me support can likely replicate the issue (they may need one of your song files to verify) but it may be worth the effort.
Please keep us posted.

Those address locations in your error message mean very little to most of us on the forum, but to the programmers they may mean a lot.
Posted By: Del Re: Real Band Access violation - 12/27/14 10:49 PM
My mistake, the I meant to say 'Access Violation' not 'Denied' sorry about that. Realband is installed in the default folder 'C://RealBand' I've tried running Realband as administrator and it doesn't change the symptoms.
And yes, the workaround is to rename the file during 'Save As'
Posted By: Del Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/03/15 10:44 AM
Rharv,
I contacted tech support about the 'Access Violation' I would see when trying to re-save a .seq file. The only thing that I could do was to save the file with a different name like song1revA.seq then the next time I saved it would be song1revB.seq This worked but was a real pain. After trying the 'run as Administrator' for Realband and Band in a Box and setting the Windows 'User Account control' to 'Never Notify' the problem with file save in Realband remained the same. Tech support told me that the issue seemed to be a Windows file permissions problem and not a Realband problem. So I asked if a re-install of Realband and Band in the Box would be worth a try and they said yes.
I un-installed both programs and deleted the entire folders for Realband and Band in a Box after moving 82GB worth of songs I had made to a different location. Started the un-install at 15:00 yesterday afternoon and finished up at 22:00 last night. After more testing this morning it looks like the save problem is gone and everything is working as it should.
Just wanted to post an update in case anyone else sees this problem with their PC.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/03/15 01:56 PM
i ha te to say guys but 2015 is very shakey compared to 2014 which was pretty solid for me. nothing works as well!!!
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/03/15 04:15 PM
Del,

glad its all working for you now but out of curiosity, I am checking on something else, did you change the path to your

Options - > 2. Audio -> Audio Temp Directory (defaults to C:\Users\"whoever"\AppData\Local\Temp\) ?

And/or did you happen to notice if during all that uninstall/reinstall was that area cleaned out (no scrape work laying around?

Finally, I assume that area (wherever it is on your PC) also has full ADMIN Read/Write privileges?

Thanks
Larry
Posted By: Del Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 03:32 AM
Hi Larry,
yes I had tried changing Options - > 2. Audio -> Audio Temp Directory (defaults to C:\Users\"whoever"\AppData\Local\Temp\). I changed this to C:\bb\Temp but that didn't seem to help. I saw some files in the original temp directory but didn't research it much after seeing that changing it to C:\bb\Temp didn't make any difference. Realband.exe had full access running as Admin at the time.

After the re-install, I'm running Realband and Biab as a normal user which is how I had always run these programs in the past. (Been using the software since 2008) I've tested the heck out of both programs by creating new files in Biab, saving them and opening them in Realband then saving them multiple times as .seq files with no problem. Even the old .seq files that were especially troublesome are ok now.

It certainly seemed like a permission issue but a re-install cleared it all up for me.

The only problem I'm seeing now is there appear to be some realtracks and realdrums missing from my re-install. (I may have not run everything in the right order.) I plan to call tech support on Monday and see if they can assist me with getting back those tracks. I think they were in a bonus pack I had bought a few years ago and I may not have the original .exe file for that. They should have a record of what I bought anyway and can tell me if I should have them or not.
Del
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 11:08 AM
Larry,
Glad it's sorted. smile

I'm just glad to be typing today; I got hit by an F-150 yesterday (I was in a little Civic), each of us doing 60 MPH in opposite directions. For a second there I thought I may have made my last post.
Posted By: Del Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 11:36 AM
Rharv,
Wow! That doesn't sound good at all, a head on at 60 mph usually doesn't turn out well for the participants!
I'm glad you are able to post!
Del
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 12:29 PM
Bob, i am just very glad your okay! You art most likely very tired and sore this morning.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 01:34 PM
WHOA!! Glad you are on this side of grass.

(On my 29th birthday, long, long ago - a drunk crossed center line and totaled both our cars, but he was only doing about 50, I was doing about 30'ish but it made a believer out o' me and seat belts!)

KEEP POSTING
Larry
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 02:33 PM
More tired than sore. Takes a lot out of an old guy like me. Looking at the car this morning I realize how lucky I was.

I'm not ready to move to the underground condos yet .. Marble Orchards .. whatever you want to call it.

Thanks for encouragement.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 02:46 PM
yeah we want to keep you around as well, i mean after all who we gonna blame stuff on if'n yer gone
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 03:03 PM
you could still blame me, it would have the same effect ..
just reminds old timers of Mac and I. You know he started that, right?
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/04/15 03:09 PM
Yeah i miss the old Macster around these halls! Still everyone needs a break at times i took a pretty long one! breaks are good as long as it's not yer neck!
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/05/15 04:14 AM
Glad to hear that you are ok Rharv. Us Mididiots depend on you around here!

Jeff
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/05/15 01:36 PM
rharv,

Very,very glad to read you are okay. Hope everyone in the F150 are okay too.
Posted By: jford Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/05/15 04:13 PM
Bob -

Glad you're okay. I couldn't imagine an F150 up against Civic (I used to have a Civic). Cars can be replaced; people to blame things on, not so much. smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/05/15 05:22 PM
rharv,

That's an amazing tale. Like the others before me, I'm glad to read that good fortune smiled on you. I hope things have settled back down.

Noel
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/07/15 10:07 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
I'm just glad to be typing today; I got hit by an F-150 yesterday (I was in a little Civic), each of us doing 60 MPH in opposite directions. For a second there I thought I may have made my last post.

wow, Bob... glad to see that you ARE still posting.. hope that trend continues! Are you feeling ok, though? Any back or neck pain that could lead to a life of discomfort?

Did you shake your fist at him and say "GET OFF MY LAWN ... I mean SIDE OF THE ROAD!"

Seriously though, glad you are OK. That could have been really bad. It's amazing that you aren't in the hospital. With both of you traveling at 60 mph, wouldn't that be the equivalent of hitting a stationary object like a tree at 120 mph? And you walked away??

I hope the other driver had lots of insurance...
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/07/15 10:33 PM
A. I'm not that kind. I seem to be fine; I was sore for a couple days from the impact, but now feel just fine.
B. The car did what it was supposed to. If you look at it, you can see how it absorbed as much of the impact as it could before giving. Eventually the side frame tore, which is why I can't fix it (wish I could)
3. I bought another copy of the same year/model yesterday. It's a ten year old car, but I liked it and I needed a car right away, so I got another.

'Get Off My Side Of The Road' would have been funny.. wish I'd have thought of it.
.. the story ..
When I saw how little damage her truck appeared to have I decided to take a picture. Also to show it was on her passenger front corner hitting my passenger side, so she she couldn't say that I sideswiped her. She got out and asked me why I was taking pictures of her F*** truck?!?
I calmly said 'because you just hit me' .. and she said 'Oh' and got back in her car! I think she was in shock, too, at the time. It was surreal, but it was the perfect opportunity to tell her to get off my side of the road. smile

I didn't walk away, I drove away .. in a totalled out car. I was less than a mile from home and the officer let me limp it home.
Her truck was towed away from the scene, truck wouldn't run anymore. I'm still amazed and thankful (though bitter).

As far as your 120MPH impact comparison; no.
She fishtailed at 60, and when her tires re-grabbed she was pointed directly at my door and came at me from the side, so I got hit by from the side while I was going 60 MPH forward. I really don't know how much speed she had once her tires grabbed, but it was a lot. It was not head on (thankfully), but her truck bumper was literally a couple inches from my body once the car absorbed her impact. The door handle is over the seat now, so I'm sure I took a hit. I remember seeing her tires grab, and the initial sound of the impact .. next thing I remember is putting it in Park on the side of the road. In between is not remembered at all.

Sorry so long, just wanted to get it out there. Like I said I'm happy to be here typing. And thankful.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/08/15 06:47 PM
Glad you survived.

And this proves once and for all that is isn't your fault.
It's the beeyotch's fault. ;-) <--suggested new tag line

(I'll probably get in trouble for that...)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/09/15 02:17 PM
Bob,
did you take your car to the body shop that was most highly WRECK-a-MENDED?

(I know it was total lossed, but that needed to be said so badly that I just went ahead and said it badly. )

wink
Posted By: Jeff Yankauer Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/14/15 02:52 PM
Originally Posted By: malevans
I have saved a song in BB and wanted to try the render of a part file in Real Band. The song is an MGU file. I have RB at its default, tried switching from ASIO to MME, also tried switching all available midi drivers. My soundcard is ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

When I try to select part of the wave file I immediately get 'Access violation at address 0074CFBD in module 'RealBand.exe'. Write of address 000005C7 at 0074CFBD'.

We're currently unable to duplicate this. Is there a file you could make available that reproduces this problem? Which window are you selecting part of the wave file in?

Thanks.
Posted By: malevans Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/21/15 04:38 PM
I seem to have resolved this though I'm not sure how. I think it had something to do with Microsoft Windows Media Player. I noticed I had disabled it and I have re-enabled, updated RB and things seem significantly improved.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I lost track of everything I tried.

:-)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/21/15 05:00 PM
Quote:
Sorry I can't be more specific but I lost track of everything I tried.

welcome to my world, Mal...
wink
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/24/15 12:48 AM
I am having the same problem with realband. I only get the error when I am working with a song that was created with BIAB 2015. My songs created with BIAB 2014 do not give me the error.

I tried reinstalling, I tried changing from asio to mme, I tried all the latest updates of everything.

Still stuck. Realband is completely stuck

Here is the realband error log for my last incident:

1/23/2015 10:21:17 PM =
==============================================================================
An exception error has occured. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.

Access violation at address 0076C41A in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 000003EF.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception log with detailed tech info. Generated on 1/23/2015 10:21:06 PM.
You may send it to the application vendor, helping them to understand what had happened.
Application title: RealBand - [test.SGU] Untitled Song
Application file: G:\RealBand\RealBand.exe
Exception class: EAccessViolation
Exception message: Access violation at address 0076C41A in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 000003EF.
Exception address: 0076C41A
Main thread ID = 1880
Exception thread ID = 1880
Exception stack
Stack list, generated 1/23/2015 10:21:06 PM
[0076C41A]{RealBand.exe} Arranger.TArrangerWindow.FormMouseMove (Line 7135, "Arranger.pas" + 112)
Call stack for main thread
Stack list, generated 1/23/2015 10:21:06 PM
[776C0C42]{ntdll.dll } ZwGetContextThread
System : Windows 7 Professional, Version: 6.1, Build: 1DB1, "Service Pack 1"
Processor: Intel, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4000 MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 SSE42 64 bits DEP
Memory: 32707; free 29699
Display : 1920x1200 pixels, 32 bpp
List of loaded modules:
[00230000] G:\RealBand\RBSEQ32.dll
<00400000> (no module version info)
[00280000] G:\RealBand\PGMusicAudioConverter.dll
<10000000> (no module version info)
[00400000] G:\RealBand\RealBand.exe
2015.0.0.6 - 2015.0.0.6
RealBand
Unit versioning information:
JCL\source\common $URL$ $Revision$ $Date$
JCL\source\windows $URL$ $Revision$ $Date$
[01DA0000] G:\RealBand\lic07.dll
<00400000> 1.0.0.0 - 1.0.0.0
[071A0000] c:\windows\SysWow64\saffireasio.dll
<10000000> 4.1.4.18150 - 4.1.4.18150
ASIO Saffire
[08140000] C:\Program Files (x86)\Coyote\CoyoteWT\CoyoteWT.dll
<10000000> 1.0.0.1 - 1, 0, 0, 1
CoyoteWT DLL
[10000000] G:\RealBand\dllelastiquePro.dll
(no module version info)
[68380000] C:\windows\System32\mf.dll
12.0.7601.18640 - 12.0.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Media Foundation DLL
[695D0000] C:\windows\system32\ieframe.DLL
11.0.9600.17496 - 11.00.9600.17496 (winblue_r5.141121-1500)
Internet Browser
[6C240000] C:\windows\system32\crtdll.dll
4.0.1183.1 - 4.00
Microsoft C Runtime Library
[6C700000] C:\windows\system32\POWRPROF.dll
6.1.7600.16385 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Power Profile Helper DLL
[6F4E0000] C:\windows\system32\RpcRtRemote.dll
6.1.7601.17514 - 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Remote RPC Extension
[6F530000] C:\windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider
[6F590000] C:\windows\system32\CRYPTSP.dll
Cryptographic Service Provider API
[6FA90000] C:\windows\system32\apphelp.dll
6.1.7601.17514 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Application Compatibility Client Library
[6FBD0000] C:\windows\system32\ntshrui.dll
6.1.7601.17755 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Shell extensions for sharing
[6FC40000] C:\windows\system32\MMDevAPI.DLL
MMDevice API
[6FC80000] C:\windows\system32\AUDIOSES.DLL
6.1.7601.18619 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Audio Session
[6FCC0000] C:\windows\system32\winspool.drv
Windows Spooler Driver
[6FD40000] C:\windows\system32\dwmapi.dll
Microsoft Desktop Window Manager API
[6FEF0000] C:\windows\system32\SECUR32.DLL
6.1.7601.18637 - 6.1.7601.18637 (win7sp1_gdr.141013-1517)
Security Support Provider Interface
[70280000] C:\windows\system32\PROPSYS.dll
7.0.7601.17514 - 7.00.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Microsoft Property System
[722D0000] C:\windows\system32\winmm.dll
MCI API DLL
[72340000] C:\windows\syswow64\dbghelp.dll
Windows Image Helper
[72430000] C:\windows\system32\ntmarta.dll
Windows NT MARTA provider
[72460000] C:\windows\system32\cscapi.dll
Offline Files Win32 API
[72660000] C:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
Microsoft UxTheme Library
[72930000] C:\windows\system32\olepro32.dll
6.1.7601.17514 - 6.1.7601.17514
[72950000] C:\windows\system32\wkscli.dll
Workstation Service Client DLL
[72960000] C:\windows\system32\srvcli.dll
Server Service Client DLL
[72980000] C:\windows\system32\netutils.dll
Net Win32 API Helpers DLL
[72990000] C:\windows\system32\netapi32.dll
6.1.7601.17887 - 6.1.7601.17887 (win7sp1_gdr.120704-0720)
Net Win32 API DLL
[73040000] C:\windows\system32\mlang.dll
Multi Language Support DLL
[73070000] C:\windows\System32\MFPlat.DLL
12.0.7600.16385 - 12.0.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Media Foundation Platform DLL
[730D0000] C:\windows\System32\ATL.DLL
3.5.2284.0 - 3.05.2284
ATL Module for Windows XP (Unicode)
[730F0000] C:\windows\system32\SHDOCVW.dll
6.1.7601.18222 - 6.1.7601.18222 (win7sp1_gdr.130725-1535)
Shell Doc Object and Control Library
[73120000] C:\windows\system32\SearchFolder.dll
SearchFolder
[731C0000] C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll
IE ActiveX Interface Marshaling Library
[73210000] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\actxprxy.dll
ActiveX Interface Marshaling Library
[73260000] C:\windows\System32\StructuredQuery.dll
7.0.7601.17514 - 7.00.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Structured Query
[732C0000] C:\windows\system32\EhStorShell.dll
Windows Enhanced Storage Shell Extension DLL
[73300000] C:\windows\system32\api-ms-win-downlevel-shell32-l1-1-0.dll
6.2.9200.16492 - 6.2.9200.16492 (win8_gdr_oobssr.130113-0015)
ApiSet Stub DLL
[73310000] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\thumbcache.dll
Microsoft Thumbnail Cache
[73330000] C:\windows\system32\api-ms-win-downlevel-shlwapi-l2-1-0.dll
ApiSet Stub DLL
[73340000] C:\windows\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll
6.2.9200.17170 - 6.2.9200.17170 (win8_gdr.141105-1510)
Microsoft Windows Codecs Library
[73470000] C:\windows\system32\MSVCP60.dll
7.0.7600.16385 - 7.0.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Windows NT C++ Runtime Library DLL
[734E0000] C:\windows\system32\slc.dll
Software Licensing Client Dll
[734F0000] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\tiptsf.dll
6.1.7601.18512 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Tablet PC Input Panel Text Services Framework
[73550000] C:\windows\system32\dsound.dll
DirectSound
[735D0000] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\l3codeca.acm
1.9.0.401 - 1, 9, 0, 0401
MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM
[735F0000] C:\windows\system32\msadp32.acm
Microsoft ADPCM CODEC for MSACM
[73600000] C:\windows\system32\msgsm32.acm
Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC for MSACM
[73610000] C:\windows\system32\msg711.acm
Microsoft CCITT G.711 (A-Law and u-Law) CODEC for MSACM
[73620000] C:\windows\system32\imaadp32.acm
IMA ADPCM CODEC for MSACM
[73630000] C:\windows\system32\msdmo.dll
6.6.7601.17514 - 6.6.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
DMO Runtime
[73640000] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devenum.dll
6.6.7600.16385 - 6.6.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Device enumeration.
[73660000] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\quartz.dll
6.6.7601.17713 - 6.6.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
DirectShow Runtime.
[737E0000] C:\windows\system32\midimap.dll
Microsoft MIDI Mapper
[737F0000] C:\windows\system32\msacm32.drv
Microsoft Sound Mapper
[73800000] C:\windows\system32\AVRT.dll
Multimedia Realtime Runtime
[73810000] C:\windows\system32\ksuser.dll
User CSA Library
[73820000] C:\windows\system32\wdmaud.drv
Winmm audio system driver
[73850000] C:\windows\system32\security.dll
[73860000] C:\windows\system32\MSVFW32.dll
Microsoft Video for Windows DLL
[73890000] C:\windows\system32\avifil32.dll
Microsoft AVI File support library
[738B0000] C:\windows\system32\wsock32.dll
Windows Socket 32-Bit DLL
[738C0000] C:\windows\system32\msacm32.dll
Microsoft ACM Audio Filter
[738E0000] C:\windows\system32\WMASF.DLL
12.0.7600.16385 - 12.0.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Windows Media ASF DLL
[73920000] C:\windows\system32\WMVCORE.DLL
12.0.7601.17514 - 12.0.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Windows Media Playback/Authoring DLL
[73B90000] C:\windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.18455_none_72d576ad8665e853\gdiplus.dll
6.1.7601.18455 - 6.1.7601.18455 (win7sp1_gdr.140425-1537)
Microsoft GDI+
[73EF0000] C:\windows\system32\msimg32.dll
GDIEXT Client DLL
[73F00000] C:\windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2\comctl32.dll
6.10.7601.17514 - 6.10 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
User Experience Controls Library
[740A0000] C:\windows\system32\version.dll
Version Checking and File Installation Libraries
[75030000] C:\windows\syswow64\CRYPTBASE.dll
Base cryptographic API DLL
[75040000] C:\windows\syswow64\SspiCli.dll
6.1.7601.18637 - 6.1.7601.18637 (win7sp1_gdr.141013-1517)
[750A0000] C:\windows\syswow64\DEVOBJ.dll
6.1.7601.17621 - 6.1.7601.17621 (win7sp1_gdr.110523-2108)
Device Information Set DLL
[750C0000] C:\windows\syswow64\api-ms-win-downlevel-shlwapi-l1-1-0.dll
ApiSet Stub DLL
[750D0000] C:\windows\syswow64\shell32.dll
6.1.7601.18517 - 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Windows Shell Common Dll
[75D20000] C:\windows\syswow64\CRYPT32.dll
6.1.7601.18277 - 6.1.7601.18277 (win7sp1_gdr.131005-0934)
Crypto API32
[75E40000] C:\windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
6.1.7601.18409 - 6.1.7601.18015 (win7sp1_gdr.121129-1432)
Windows NT BASE API Client DLL
[75E90000] C:\windows\syswow64\SETUPAPI.dll
Windows Setup API
[76030000] C:\windows\syswow64\USP10.dll
1.626.7601.18454 - 1.0626.7601.18454 (win7sp1_gdr.140424-1533)
Uniscribe Unicode script processor
[760D0000] C:\windows\syswow64\oleaut32.dll
6.1.7601.18640 - 6.1.7601.18640
[76160000] C:\windows\syswow64\WINTRUST.dll
6.1.7601.18205 - 6.1.7601.18205 (win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Microsoft Trust Verification APIs
[76190000] C:\windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
Host for SCM/SDDL/LSA Lookup APIs
[761B0000] C:\windows\syswow64\iertutil.dll
Run time utility for Internet Explorer
[763F0000] C:\windows\syswow64\comdlg32.dll
Common Dialogs DLL
[76470000] C:\windows\syswow64\USERENV.dll
Userenv
[76490000] C:\windows\syswow64\MSASN1.dll
ASN.1 Runtime APIs
[764A0000] C:\windows\syswow64\api-ms-win-downlevel-user32-l1-1-0.dll
ApiSet Stub DLL
[764B0000] C:\windows\syswow64\imagehlp.dll
6.1.7601.18288 - 6.1.7601.18288 (win7sp1_gdr.131018-1533)
Windows NT Image Helper
[764E0000] C:\windows\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll
Shell Light-weight Utility Library
[76550000] C:\windows\syswow64\CFGMGR32.dll
6.1.7601.17621 - 6.1.7601.17621 (win7sp1_gdr.110523-2108)
Configuration Manager DLL
[76580000] C:\windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
7.0.7601.17744 - 7.0.7601.17744 (win7sp1_gdr.111215-1535)
Windows NT CRT DLL
[76630000] C:\windows\syswow64\WS2_32.dll
Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL
[76670000] C:\windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
Microsoft OLE for Windows
[767D0000] C:\windows\syswow64\normaliz.DLL
Unicode Normalization DLL
[767E0000] C:\windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll
6.1.7601.18577 - 6.1.7601.18577 (win7sp1_gdr.140822-1508)
GDI Client DLL
[76870000] C:\windows\syswow64\USER32.dll
Multi-User Windows USER API Client DLL
[76970000] C:\windows\syswow64\NSI.dll
NSI User-mode interface DLL
[76980000] C:\windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
6.1.7601.18409 - 6.1.7601.18015 (win7sp1_gdr.121129-1432)
Windows NT BASE API Client DLL
[76A90000] C:\windows\syswow64\profapi.dll
User Profile Basic API
[76AA0000] C:\windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
6.1.7601.18177 - 6.1.7601.18177 (win7sp1_gdr.130605-1534)
Language Pack
[76AB0000] C:\windows\syswow64\ADVAPI32.dll
6.1.7601.18247 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Advanced Windows 32 Base API
[76B50000] C:\windows\syswow64\PSAPI.DLL
Process Status Helper
[76B60000] C:\windows\syswow64\WLDAP32.dll
Win32 LDAP API DLL
[76BB0000] C:\windows\syswow64\wininet.dll
11.0.9600.17496 - 11.00.9600.16428 (winblue_gdr.131013-1700)
Internet Extensions for Win32
[76DF0000] C:\windows\syswow64\MSCTF.dll
MSCTF Server DLL
[76EC0000] C:\windows\syswow64\api-ms-win-downlevel-advapi32-l1-1-0.dll
ApiSet Stub DLL
[76ED0000] C:\windows\syswow64\api-ms-win-downlevel-normaliz-l1-1-0.dll
ApiSet Stub DLL
[76EE0000] C:\windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
Multi-User Windows IMM32 API Client DLL
[77090000] C:\windows\syswow64\CLBCatQ.DLL
2001.12.8530.16385 - 2001.12.8530.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
COM+ Configuration Catalog
[77120000] C:\windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
6.1.7601.18532 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Remote Procedure Call Runtime
[77670000] C:\windows\syswow64\api-ms-win-downlevel-version-l1-1-0.dll
ApiSet Stub DLL
[776A0000] C:\windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
6.1.7601.18247 - 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
NT Layer DLL
Active Controls hierarchy:
TArrangerWindow "ArrangerWindow"

(2015 (6)) 1/23/2015,10:22:42 PM - Access violation at address 0076C41A in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000447 at: 0076C41A
Posted By: solidrock Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/24/15 01:37 AM
Yes it's great they have a Send Error Report Popup now.
I just got a similar Error in Realband undoing a RT generation.
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/26/15 11:44 AM
I have this problem too. For me The problem happens with all sequences that are created from 2015 version of BIAB as well as sequences created from 2014 version of BIAB. But everything worked correctly on sequences that were created from 2012 version or earlier BIAB
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/26/15 07:54 PM
Everything works now. No more errors.

This is 'maybe' how I solved it. I tried everything from uninstalling/re installing to updating drivers for everything and getting latest versions of everything and rebooting all components ... nothing helped. I still had the problem. I called tech support. They didn't know what was wrong.

Then I tried to install BIAB on another computer. Guess what that required me to do? Unplug the USB drive (and my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 audio/digital interface) in order to plug it into my other computer. Anyway, it worked fine on the other computer, so I plugged the USB drive (and my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24) back into my original computer and everything worked correctly!

Here is the thing: I had rebooted my Focusrite Saffire thingie numerous times - turned it off and then on again numerous times. Same with the computer into which the USB drive was attached. But I had never literally unplugged the connection of either the USB Harddrive or the Focusrite Saffire thingie...

Since I tried everything else imaginable (except disconnecting and reconnecting those particular components) and none of that worked, I have to assume that it was the disconnecting/reconnecting that actually solved the problem.

Let me know if you you have had the same thing happen or reason to believe that my experience was from some other cause.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/26/15 09:39 PM
Reconnecting the device could have caused a number of things <grin>
The device driver got reloaded (maybe it didn't get started correctly after going to sleep or something).
It could have triggered a driver update behind the scenes (if Windows is set up to do this)
The physical connection was also moved .. in case it became loose or got dust in it or some other phantom issue.

When stuff like this happens I (try) to remember it for the future and just move on. Solving it after the fact is not likely, but knowing this worked could be invaluable!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Real Band Access violation - 01/27/15 11:12 AM
Quote:
Here is the thing: I had rebooted my Focusrite Saffire thingie numerous times - turned it off and then on again numerous times. Same with the computer into which the USB drive was attached. But I had never literally unplugged the connection of either the USB Harddrive or the Focusrite Saffire thingie...

did you plug it back into the exact same USB port it had been in? Is there a possibility that it was in a USB 3.0 port one time and a USB 2.0 port the next?

I ask because in my communication with Focusrite, they advised me against using a USB 3.0 port... (didn't say why though... just that results would vary more when using a 3.0 port)

I did notice that I got different results depending on whether my Focusrite was plugged into a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/01/15 01:41 PM
Bad news: Remember I said that I unplugged and replugged things to fix the problem before? Not this time... It didn't fix the problem. So, I am back to having a useless Realband when it comes to BIAB 2014 and 2015. (My earlier versions work fine)

(I try to highlight a track and get an error code that only goes away if I force-close the program)

So, yeah, I got online with tech help desk. They asked me to email a song file made in my 2015 BIAB and the file I sent them had the same problem when opened with their realband.

It was nice to be validated like that, but they did not have an answer right away. They are sending my song file to the development staff to try to get an answer.

Hopefully soon...

Anybody else having anything weird like this?
Posted By: ammfonseca Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/14/15 12:36 AM
I have this same DAMN problem here. I lost my last 30 days trying to find a solution. It seems everyone is having the same problem with the RealBand 2015. So far PG gave no solution. No response. I've tried everything. It is clear that this is a software problem. I use RealBand and BB since 2011 and this never happened. The worst part is...most of my work is connected to this software. I need a solution ASAP. Almost 2 months people are talking about this issue and there is not one answer.

An exception error has occured. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.

Access violation at address 0076C41A in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000238.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/14/15 05:32 AM
Hi ammfonseca,

What is your operating system (e.g. Win 7 32-bit, Win 8 64-bit, etc.)? Also, have you changed operating systems between versions 2014 and 2015 of BIAB?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Darren Green Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/14/15 11:36 AM
Hello ammfonseca,

I had the same problem as you. I went back and forth with PG Music Tech support and I finally gave up. I had deleted both BIAB and RealBand, re-installed, the whole nine yards. No matter what I did I still got the Access Violation if I tried to hilight an audio track for editing. I started using BIAB 2015 and RealBand 2014 just so I could continue working. I had both RealBand 2014 and 2015 on my computer. I would just rename the folder for 2014 when I wanted to work and then I would rename the folders to use 2015 when I was trying to figure out what was wrong. I finally found a solution. I cannot explain why, since I didn't create the program it is hard to know but this is what worked for me. I found the problem was only with files that started their life in BIAB and then were opened in Realband and converted to seq files. Any seq files that I had started with directly in RealBand were not a problem. I found that songs that start in BIAB and are then opened in RealBand reserve the first 8 tracks. I believe that this was reserved for midi tracks. In my workflow I usually try to use all RealTracks in BIAB before transferring to RealBand. This means that the 1st 8 tracks are empty. I hilighted the 8 tracks (since this was the only difference between songs transferred from BIAB compared to those created initially in RealBand). I then removed the 1st 8 tracks. The remaining RealTracks were renumbered beginning with track 1 and I could then edit any of the tracks. If I opened a BIAB file in RealBand that still had a midi track, the midi track would show up as one of the first 8 tracks. I would then select the midi track, duplicate it to another higher numbered track (ie 12, 13, etc) and then I would delete the 1st 8 tracks and I could then edit any track without getting the Access Violation. I did pass this info on to PG Music but I never did get much of a response. It may be because they haven't been able to duplicate the error. Anyway I have spent the last month sporadically deleting the 1st 8 tracks from all my RealBand files and I am now happily using 2015. Hope this works for you. Hope that PG Music come up with the reason why.
Darren
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/14/15 11:48 AM
Another thing to try that is related to Darren's suggestion, is to Make the first 8 tracks Regular tracks (so they are not BiaB tracks any more).

Edit - Track - Make All Tracks Regular Tracks

I do this out of habit, which may explain why I've never seen this issue. It's quicker than Darren's suggestion and may solve the same issue.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/14/15 03:18 PM
Ammfonseca, exactly which release of RB 2015 are you using?

RB 2015 Build 6 (Jan 19, 2015) has a new 'Application Error' dialog that shows stack trace and lets the user email the Error Report to PG Support, or add the Error Report to RBError.LOG.

It will provide more information than just the AV address.
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/14/15 07:50 PM
Videotrack,
I volunteered to email my error log to support and they said, no thanks. They did have me email my song file and it made the same access error on their machine.

They said they'd send it to the development people but that was two weeks ago and they still haven't gotten back to me, and yes, I did recontact support and they told me they'd get back to me when they had an answer.

So, Yes, I am still dead in the water. I bought the most expensive package of BIAB 2015 and now I can't use it.

My BIAB 2014 still works... but, so far it looks like I wasted my money on BIAB 2015
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/14/15 07:57 PM
Darren Green and rharv,
I can't wait to try your solutions.
Can't try it til Monday, but Thank you so much for providing some hope for the situation.

I still love BIAB creators, but I am a bit disappointed with the lack of technical support I've gotten from them. The only real help I've received has been from this forum.

Matt and rharv have been wonderful and right now I want to hug Darren Green. Darren, you've offered the first real solution...

No, I haven't tried it yet, but really, I'd totally run out of ideas to try. I will try it Monday and post my results to this forum. smile
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/15/15 07:05 PM
Ammfonseca,

I would love to hear your experience with trying Darren and rharv's solutions.

For me they didn't work. I still got the errors after I followed their steps.

Darren and rharv,
As far as I can tell, I followed your instructions. In both methods, I still get the access violation after doing what you said to the best of my understanding. It is possible I did the wrong order of things, but I tried several ways to follow your instructions and each time I still ended up with the identical problem that I had when I started.

You did give me an idea.
From there, to follow up on Darren's truth that it only causes problems with tracks created in BIAB, I simply saved my BIAB file to separate wave files. Then I imported those wave files into a new/empty sequence file of RealBand. From there I was able to select and edit without the errors.

Of course you lose the integration between BIAB and RB when you do it that way. That means there is no longer a benefit to using RB and you might as well use a mainstream DAW that is not related to BIAB and has more features.

Thanks again Darren and rharv, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Ammfonseca, Looking forward to see if it works for you. If it does than I'll know that I followed the instructions wrong.
Posted By: refreshingly Re: Real Band Access violation - 02/23/15 11:31 AM
Whooo Hoooo! Looks like the latest realband patch (build 7) fixed the above problem! I am in Band-in-a-Box Heaven!

*Except that now I have to take back every bad thing I said or thought about the PGmusic support/development people!

Hey, but it works! Love you guys!
© PG Music Forums