PG Music Home
Posted By: PickandNoodle Vista File Association for SEQ files - 03/10/09 01:49 AM
Vista Strikes Again....

For some reason, my SEQ files are mapped to BIAB. I'm using the Vista "tools" to correct the situation but to no avail. Yes - I am the Admin on my machine and I've tried it through the Right-Click method and the Control Panel method (which loops back to the right-click method.)

Anyone else have that issue? Anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance...
Hello Ray,

You can probably do this in the registry. Try a google search with keywords file associations vista registry.
Posted By: toucher Re: Vista File Association for SEQ files - 03/26/09 02:45 PM
Vista...........a view.........prospect.........outlook............vision........

Basically its called Vista because no matter how far, how wide, how deep you look, you still can't understand why MS would opt for this OS over XP, especially over XP Pro.

I just don't get it.
The normal XP method should work:

In Windows, right-click on one of the .seq files and click on Properties. Next to 'Opens with:' click on the [Change...] button and navigate to 'realband.exe' (normally located at C:\realband\realband.exe)

If this works (it works for me) it will cause all .seq files to open in RealBand.
Posted By: Sergino Re: Vista File Association for SEQ files - 05/06/09 09:00 PM
if the blake's advise doesn't work, just remove Biab from the PC, re-assign Realband and load Biab again...
© PG Music Forums