PG Music Home
I can't seem to get the change volume of all nodes (by either percentage or amount) to work.

I watched the tutorial video which explained everything except "Change volume of all nodes (selected area) ... etc. Interestingly, it didn't explain how to use the "cleanup nodes" option either (and I can't figure out how to work that one either-but in that case I don't even know what I am looking for, so, maybe that one does work)

But with the change volume, it seems pretty self-explanatory. Select an area and then type in the volume (or percentage) that you want all of the nodes to be increased or decreased. How could I be doing that wrong? What am I missing? (I have build 7)

All the other volume automation (node) functions seem to be working.

How can I be screwing this up?
Okay, Maybe it does work.

Change volume of all nodes seems to work, but not the way I expected. When I activate it, it makes the first line (the one before the first node) disappear. I guess that is what was messing me up. So, maybe it is working the way it should...
Well, now one track is behaving somewhat erratically. I had everything set the way I wanted it (automated volume-wise) Then I used the change volume of all nodes by 'x' much and now when I play through the song and go through the volume change, the volume slider (and the volume) goes nuts and keeps oscillating from low to high and it doesn't stop.

Now I am erasing all of the nodes on that track and starting all over again.
I use the "cleanup nodes" option after each node edit. After editing nodes positions, I hover over a node, right click and invoke the cleanup nodes command before I proceed with playing the track. That particular sequence of commands effectively prevents erratic behavior after editing for me. Without doing this, sometimes the track is silent or as you describe, the volume slider reacts erratically.
OMG! Who would have guessed?

c_fogle, you just totally made my day! That really clears things up!

Thank you!
Originally Posted By: c_fogle
I use the "cleanup nodes" option after each node edit. After editing nodes positions, I hover over a node, right click and invoke the cleanup nodes command before I proceed with playing the track. That particular sequence of commands effectively prevents erratic behavior after editing for me. Without doing this, sometimes the track is silent or as you describe, the volume slider reacts erratically.

So, c_fogle, am I to assume that I only have to use the 'clean up nodes' command one time for multiple nodes?

Or (let's say I use four nodes to make a volume adjustment) Do I hover over all four individually and for each one use 'clean up nodes' command?
Nodes are still giving me erratic results.
I've used the cleanup nodes command in every way possible over every single node and it still makes the volume slider go wacky and in some cases causes audio to drop right out even though it is still there.

Any help or tips would be appreciated. Again, I've watched the tutorial. Everything makes sense there, but I am not getting dependable results.
Quote: "So, c_fogle, am I to assume that I only have to use the 'clean up nodes' command one time for multiple nodes?"

That's what I assume and doing so has worked well for me. I may edit the length of an entire track. Once I have completed my edits, I rewind to the beginning of the track and select the node and clean all nodes at once that one time. Then I save the file, then play the file

However, when I adjust a single node, I still select clean nodes for that single occurrence.

Starting from the start of the song each time seems to force RB into 'regenerating' the nodes.

An alternative you may want to try is from the Mixer screen, choose "record ONLY Mixer moves" button and do your volume automation as the song plays through. It saves as midi data, but works on audio files too. The button is hidden by default in my version of RB but there is an expand/minimize/close button on the right side of the mid panel that un-hides the button. I also suggest you increase the resolution from 120 to a higher number.
Thanks c_fogle,
I'll give it a go
You're welcome. Let us know how things go.

Charlie
© PG Music Forums