PG Music Home
Seh's it all.

Want to create a percussion and bass in one render.

I can create separate wav tracks, then reload and render to one,
but I'm lazy.

Thanks in advance.
Yes
Well, not by channel, but by Track ..

Right-click a MIDI track and select Port, scroll down and you can have access to 16 different DXi synths by using Port assignments for each track.
rharv,

I work the devil out of RB, appreciate your help.
This will help my workflow.

Thank you.
Or because I'm dense, and the "Port" selection is not as intuitive a way to get there as is:

right click on track and move mouse down two more items past "Port' and select:

"Specific VSTi/DXi Synth for MIDI Track"

However, the END result is essentially the same - a different "port" per track

Larry
rharv, Larry,

Good-Bad-other result demo of your advice.

Thanks to you Both!
Most synths.... but not all, are single channel single track synths.....

You can load as many instances of the synth as your program and computer will support and/or allow to run smoothly. Bigger DAW's and lots of computing power equal the ability to run more synths in real time. One synth/one track.

If you are familiar with TTS..... one instance of that synth can support 16 channels in that one track. It's a good synth to use in DAW's that have a limited number of synths.....such as Cakewalk's Music Creator.... it only supports 8 synths running at any given time. By using 8 instances of TTS, you can get 128 unique synth instruments to play with 16 being in each of the instances.

In my earlier days of digital recording, I played around with TTS and channels...... The most I ever loaded was 2 instances of TTS and each was loaded with about 10 to 12 channels and unique instruments. Since I was never into synth music, it was simply for experience and to see what my computer and DAW could do. It ran just fine on a duo-core processor lap top with 2 GB memory.
© PG Music Forums