PG Music Home
Posted By: kenmatthews Realband adds click track. - 05/01/15 09:19 AM
Hello,

I've saved a complete song from BIAB 2015 as a Midi file. I then import the file into RealBand and it asks if I want to import the audio to the next channel, which I do. The problem is RealBand adds a click track for all the midi channels, but not for the audio track, leaving the whole thing out of sync... Is there a way of removing the click track in order to sync it all back up again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards.
Ken
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Realband adds click track. - 05/01/15 10:37 AM
Ken,

I'm wondering why you saved as MIDI then imported the MIDI and audio into RB. One of the advantages of using RB is that you can open BIAB files directly... just save it in BIAB then start RB and open the same file... bingo, everything will be in synch.

But, in response to your original question, I would start by taking note of the tempo used in BIAB, then when you open RB, set the tempo to that same value before you import anything.

Alternatively, import the audio first, and run it through the ACW to tempo map it. THEN import the MIDI. MIDI adapts to the tempo of the project, but audio doesn't... that's why you either need to set the tempo to the same value or tempo map the project to match the existing audio.

If a click track has been added to the MIDI, you should be able to mute that track.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Realband adds click track. - 05/02/15 04:10 PM
In addition to Pat's good advice, after importing into RB, save it as a native RB file (*.SEQ), after that, it will load up virtually instantly each time you need it.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Realband adds click track. - 05/04/15 11:20 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
In addition to Pat's good advice, after importing into RB, save it as a native RB file (*.SEQ), after that, it will load up virtually instantly each time you need it.

Good call! I frequently forget to save projects I opened in RB as SEQ files, and here I forgot to mention it as an important step in the progression of building a song!

Thanks for adding that bit of info.

(Teamwork!)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Realband adds click track. - 05/05/15 03:38 PM
Ken, you might also have the unknown issue that others have also witnessed.
It is described in this post
Best
Trev
© PG Music Forums