PG Music Home
Posted By: HearToLearn Can't hear a midi track....sort of... - 08/01/15 01:43 PM
I am using Realband and for some reason I can't get a midi drum track to play.

The weird part is I can hear the drums when I EDIT them in the piano scroll window. But I can't hear them when I play...even in the piano scroll window. The note also doesn't turn "red" when it comes time to play it.

The track is not muted

The volume for the track is up as well.

Any ideas?
Ok, in the midi indicator on the track, I don't see anything happening. The other tracks I do, but they are not using the coyote synth. Any ideas on that?
So here are my next steps.

I closed out of the program and restarted it. Same problem

I closed out and opened a new song altogether, and got it to work!

I reopened the song I had issues with, and put in some random notes. I plays the first few bars (my count area of 2 bars) then doesn't play any more of the notes??

I checked the event list and there is no volume, or patch changes of any kind. The only thing I see are the note numbers and velocities.
Posted By: jford Re: Can't hear a midi track....sort of... - 08/01/15 03:12 PM
Is your MIDI drum track set to channel 10?
Yes. But it is also happening with the other tracks for that synth. The default coyote one. Even if i turn off routing to it

Outs strange i can hear it until bar 2
I got it! I'm not sure why, but when I moved the volume line up and back down to the same place, it worked! No idea why this is, but it did!

thanks! smile
Posted By: jford Re: Can't hear a midi track....sort of... - 08/01/15 11:12 PM
One thing to watch out for in RealBand with MIDI tracks is to make sure the EXP knob on the mixer is turned up; if it's all the way to the left, you won't hear any MIDI sounds.

Attached picture Exp Knob in RealBand.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: Can't hear a midi track....sort of... - 08/03/15 08:17 PM
I hope this old bug isn't rearing its ugly head again. The described fix would work for that problem ..
This could sometimes be caused by changing a track that was originally Audio to MIDI and the fourth dial not getting reset (it would default to 0 for an Audio track Aux4 send).
I'm pretty sure Jeff fixed this though long ago.
Originally Posted By: rharv
I hope this old bug isn't rearing its ugly head again. The described fix would work for that problem ..
This could sometimes be caused by changing a track that was originally Audio to MIDI and the fourth dial not getting reset (it would default to 0 for an Audio track Aux4 send).
I'm pretty sure Jeff fixed this though long ago.

That is what I was doing when it happened! I will keep you posted if it continues or if it was an isolated instance.

Thanks!
Originally Posted By: jford
One thing to watch out for in RealBand with MIDI tracks is to make sure the EXP knob on the mixer is turned up; if it's all the way to the left, you won't hear any MIDI sounds.

Thank you much! I would have thought of that!
© PG Music Forums