PG Music Home
Posted By: Milt changing the chord sheet - 10/27/15 11:11 AM
I have some chords in the chord sheet and have generated some real tracks. Then I make some changes in the chord progression, but the real tracks continue to play the old arrangement. I know at this point the real tracks have to be regenerated. The problem is, if I choose 'regenerate all', the drums are generated as midi, and replace my real track drums. If I regenerate each real track individually this doesn't happen. How do you all handle this? Thanks.
Posted By: DEddy Re: changing the chord sheet - 10/27/15 02:12 PM
Freeze the tracks you don't want changed.

DE
Posted By: solidrock Re: changing the chord sheet - 10/27/15 06:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Milt
..The problem is, if I choose 'regenerate all', the drums are generated as midi, and replace my real track drums. ..

If you highlight the bars you changed in the chord window, then > Generate > Generate All (Selected Region) (Selected Tracks)
or you can hold the Ctrl key down and select each Track Number.

Is the Style a Midi Style ?

Originally did you put the chords in then generated up each track individually or hit the Generate All BB Tracks ?

Posted By: Milt Re: changing the chord sheet - 10/28/15 05:37 PM
Thanks for the replies, solidrock, the style is not a midi style, and I originally generated all the tracks individually. I tried your suggestions and they worked. Slowly working my way through this very deep program. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: solidrock Re: changing the chord sheet - 10/28/15 07:09 PM
Stick with it and you will never look back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COPSqrezqnY
© PG Music Forums