PG Music Home
Posted By: Milt Melodyne - 01/20/16 05:41 PM
Seems like I'm on here everyday asking something. Is there a trick to getting Melodyne to work in RealBand? I have placed Melodyne in the vst slot on the vocal track, and set it up like I do in my other DAW's, but when I hit 'transfer' in Melodyne, it just goes into a 1 bar loop, over and over, and doesn't show any blobs. I'm using Melodyne Editor 2.1.2. Thanks!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Melodyne - 01/20/16 05:53 PM
I have never tried to use ME in anything other than Sonar.

I place it into the FX BIN for the track I want to work on. I don't think Real Band has an FX bin for the track.... It needs to be able to capture the specific audio from ONE track and by placing it in the FX bin, it can accomplish that. Perhaps someone else has been able to get it to work in RB.

If you don't have a good DAW, keep in mind that Cakewalk has their Music Creator 7 DAW on sale for $20 (last time I looked)... and that is a great DAW that will run Melodyne just fine.
Posted By: jford Re: Melodyne - 01/20/16 06:03 PM
Melodyne is one of those plugins that require timing information from RealBand (such as with Rewire) and as such doesn't work as a plugin.

Until PGMusic supports that, you have to export the WAV file and use the standalone version of Melodyne and then bring it back in.
Posted By: Milt Re: Melodyne - 01/20/16 06:37 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I guessed that it was something peculiar to RB.I use Melodyne all the time in Reaper, Sonar. Going to try it now in Mixbus, and maybe do my vocals there since I will be importing my RB tracks to Mixbus for mixing. Thanks again, Milt.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Melodyne - 01/20/16 08:45 PM
I just tried it with the rewire vst and yes melodyne just gets stuck circling the first bar.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Melodyne - 01/21/16 04:20 PM
Melodyne doesn't work very well as a plugin in Adobe Audition too. I just bring my tracks straight into the main Melodyne app.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Melodyne - 01/21/16 10:40 PM
You need to buy a "real DAW" so you can work with Melodyne in the track of the song. Nothing beats being able to hear the song playing and listen to the fixes you're making.

One big reason is that you can't always simply just pull everything back to perfect pitch and expect good results. Sometimes the part actually sounds better when it's a bit sharp or flat...and if the part was in need of some correction to start with and you're working in the stand alone and can't hear the backing tracks for a reference, it will drive you crazy trying to dial in your fix.

More than one time, I have done a fix from where it started off pitch to pulling it to the perfect point and I had to back it off halfway between those points..... without the backing tracks you're shooting in the dark.

Get a good DAW that supports the timing data Melodyne needs.

Sonar's Music Creator 7 Still $20 for the download. https://shop.cakewalk.com/1244/catalog/category.60467/language.en/currency.USD/?id=ZUxliJQ5m4
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Melodyne - 01/31/16 12:39 AM
Better yet. Bring Realband up to sync standards. We had this same problem with Powertracks Pro not being able to use VST's without an external plugin control, like, Directexier, or however you spell it. laugh
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Melodyne - 01/31/16 10:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Russell DeMussel
Better yet. Bring Realband up to sync standards. We had this same problem with Powertracks Pro not being able to use VST's without an external plugin control, like, Directexier, or however you spell it. laugh

Agreed, but until they do, and assuming they plan to make it happen in the next release year, it will be a full year at best..... in the mean time, while you wait, get a DAW that does.

Sonar's Music Creator 7 does and it's only $20 plus you get some really nice synths and stuff......
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Melodyne - 02/01/16 06:13 PM
Yep, every SINGLE year for oh, 6 years or so I've brought this up. Sometimes quite forcefully and one time Peter even responded to say they were looking into it but nothing happened.

Not blaming him at all, it's been determined the problem is in the VST implementation and I'm sure they did look into it and for whatever reason it simply can't be done right now.

I'm not bringing it up any more except to answer a post like this one, I use Studio One now.

Bob
© PG Music Forums