PG Music Home
Posted By: Milt generation - 03/07/16 11:33 AM
For you old timers, I want to generate a piano rhythm track in a song, but I want it to be generated in a different style than the original, but play the original style after the piano has been regenerated. Hope that makes sense. How would you guys do that? Thanks!
Posted By: Sundance Re: generation - 03/07/16 12:44 PM
Change the style in the style box and only generate your piano track - then change the style back if you want to generate more parts in the original style. In RB changing the style will only affect new tracks you want to generate. The tracks you already have will remain unchanged.
Posted By: Milt Re: generation - 03/07/16 04:52 PM
Thanks, Sundance---to easy.
Posted By: Sundance Re: generation - 03/08/16 02:22 AM
You're welcome!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: generation - 03/08/16 01:19 PM
Or you could do it as a separate song, export to wav, open the original song and import that wav on a blank track. The only thing is to make sure the tempos are the same.

So there's 2 options for you.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: generation - 03/08/16 05:08 PM
A third option is to take advantage of a Biab feature that if two tracks of the same instrument are chosen in a song project, Biab will generate variations of each track in a complementary fashion. I saw Dr. Gannon explaining this in a video sometime back and best I can recall, he presented this as a designed feature.

Regardless, it does work in a complementary fashion especially well for me when having two rhythm guitars panned L-R from each other.
Posted By: Milt Re: generation - 03/08/16 07:37 PM
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Eddie? how does one import an audio track into BIAB, or RB for that matter. I've studied the manual but cannot find an answer. Thanks again.
Posted By: rharv Re: generation - 03/08/16 11:37 PM
For RB
Edit-Audio-Insert Wave file (in the current version, older versions had a different menu path)
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: generation - 03/08/16 11:39 PM
I think file ==> import as well.
Posted By: rharv Re: generation - 03/08/16 11:47 PM
Or Right-Click, Import Wave File (also)

a few different options ..
© PG Music Forums