PG Music Home
Posted By: Zan Cantwell LM-4 Mark II - 05/19/09 10:53 AM
Does anyone know If it's possible to get the Steinberg LM-4 to work in RealBand. I would love to convert some of the BIAB midi drum tracks to samples
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: LM-4 Mark II - 05/23/09 08:45 PM
Zan,
Since it's a VSTi, it should work. However, it's also well known that not all VSTis play well with BIAB/RB/PTPA, so, who knows for sure.

I would go to the track that has your drums on it, select the output port as a DXi/VSTi, and then open the LM-4. It's no longer supported by Steinberg, so if you can't get it to work, I doubt you will.

You might consider trying it in another VSTi host, though.

Gary
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: LM-4 Mark II - 05/27/09 02:27 PM
Quote:

Does anyone know If it's possible to get the Steinberg LM-4 to work in RealBand. I would love to convert some of the BIAB midi drum tracks to samples

First, all the drum sounds that you hear Biab play are samples, it just depends on the quality of them. For a freebie that works well, do a forum search for BD5 drums. I've never used it because I have Jamstix but several people here either have the links for it or they have the program itself. I think forum member Rharv can tell you all about it. You can try searching his posts or just wait, someone will pop up here with it.

Bob
© PG Music Forums