PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel HOW TO MAKE A LOOP FORM A SINGLE SAMPLE? - 07/01/16 06:34 AM
OK - I'm a total Newbie to RB really although have used BIAB for years.
I understand that RB can make "loops". Having been unable to find an RD that has anything like what I need (a simple "tapped" closed hihat 75bpm, 4 to the bar - nothing else)I have found a sound sample on the Net that gives me almost the sound I want. Its just One Hit though - and I need 8 bars - thats 32 hits. Now I assume I dont have to open 32 tracks and put it in each one and shuffle! lol!
How would I LOOP this sample so it gave me 75bpm and 4 to the bar.
All help always gratefully received.
Ian
Here is a tutorial on how to make a loop. The tutorial uses the free program Audacity, but the principles work within any DAW including RealBand. Be sure to include the acid info when you make your loop.

How to create a seamless loop with Audacity

To use your loop. Save it to the Loops folder.

Rt click on a blank track, select generate, select 'Select and generate loops..."

Choose your newly created loop and it will generate the loop for the entire length of the song.

If you only want to play during a section of a song, highlight the desired area before opening the Generate menu and selecting the loop.
Thank Charliel I'm on it.
Ian
Posted By: Tobias Re: HOW TO MAKE A LOOP FORM A SINGLE SAMPLE? - 07/01/16 05:16 PM
You can also find the exact RD drum samples in individual hits at the end of the RealDrums file in the bb/:realdrums folder. You'll notice they are a .wma (or.wav) file named as the RD style. Play one in Windows Media Player for example. It contains the patterns, rolls, a and b substyles, etc... Toward the end of the file you will find individual drum hits that match the RD style and kit used to make that style.
It would be cool if PG would break these down into a packet full of individually named samples so we would not have to cut them out ourselves.
Posted By: rharv Re: HOW TO MAKE A LOOP FORM A SINGLE SAMPLE? - 07/01/16 08:43 PM
And to take Tobias' idea another step further, it would be even cooler if they supplied a MIDI synth (VST/DXI) that could use the same RD samples so we could blend in our drum ideas with RealDrums ...

I'd volunteer to help build the kits if they did. Obviously someone (or some system) is already in there marking measures and parts on the actual audio tracks, just add the single hits to the list...
Add that to the wishlist Rharv.... Good idea.
© PG Music Forums