PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Using RB is like pulling teeth! - 12/16/16 12:41 AM
Is it me or using RB slows down the computer performance? I don't have any problems using BIAB, however when trying to use RB it drags like you wouldn't believe. I have only been able to use RB successfully a couple of times and I would like to use it more but when I want to use it I give up half way thru it. I have a dual core machine with 12 meg of ram windows 7. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike B.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Using RB is like pulling teeth! - 12/16/16 02:30 AM
Mike, with RB running, check the CPU values in the top RH corner. They show total RB load and total CPU load. This might be an indicator that could be used to check further.

Attached picture 2016-12-16_16-29-25.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Using RB is like pulling teeth! - 12/16/16 04:36 AM
Mike,

Is the 'dragging' that you mention persistent throughout a whole song or is it something that is present when the song is being created?

The reason I ask is because BIAB and RB work a little differently when generating tracks.

With BIAB.... after a few bars of a file have been generated, the program will begin playing back and the balance of Realtracks/Realdrums are generated in the background as the song plays.

With RB.... all tracks are fully generated, from beginning to end, before a song begins to play.

The consequence of the above is that BIAB begins playing much quicker than RB after clicking the generate button.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rharv Re: Using RB is like pulling teeth! - 12/16/16 08:26 PM
Quick fix (if Noel is on the right track here)
Use Edit - Track - Make All Tracks Regular Tracks.

Doing this causes RB to not generate everything every time. When you have 'BiaB tracks', RB regenerates every time you hit play (like BiaB) but, as Noel mentioned, it generates it all before playing and thus takes longer.

At what point do really notice the lag?
© PG Music Forums