PG Music Home
I like the Real Tracks on BIAB. Some of the parts would work better in my songs if I could edit them. I would like to be able to move pieces around, cut here and there, etc. I know I can't do that with the usual editing methods of BIAB or RB.

So, I am thinking of trying to get the BIAB tracks to RB as audio and make the edits. Is there a way to do that using RB? Or, do I need to record them out to a hardware DAW and then bounce them to RB as audio?

Thanks for your ideas.

2b
Open the BiaB song file in RB. (sgu, mgu etc)
That's quickest way, just make sure to Save As a SEQ file right away so you don't lose any work. Otherwise it may default to saving over the BiaB file.
If you have MIDI you want as audio, use the Render option to make it an audio track.

After opening the song, simply click Edit- Tracks - Make all tracks regular tracks.
Then you can edit to your hearts content without any worries.

Regenerate sections, cut/paste, generate new tracks, multiriffs etc

If you leave them as BiaB tracks, signified by Blue track names, regenerating (and generating) will take longer as RB will try to regenerate all the BiaB tracks all the time like BiaB does, but it isn't as fast at this.
I don't use Real Band (RB) as a DAW, but it certainly is a DAW. As such, if you simply open the song project in RB, you should end up with the tracks and is you're using real tracks in BB you should have audio tracks in RB.

I have used Sonar and Cake products for a very long time before I ever found BB/RB so I have stayed with Sonar as my DAW of choice. I export all my tracks from BB/RB as audio, to a folder, and then into Sonar where I do all my editing.

Like I said I don't use RB as a DAW for editing, but as I understand it, it is totally possible to do editing in RB of the audio in it's tracks.
Like Rharv says, open the BB song in Realband then save as a .seq file. This is how I do all of my songs. I create the basic song in Biab but never record any audio tracks there. After making the song in Biab, I open it Realband, save as a .seq and then lay down audio tracks. Editing audio tracks works great in Realband. Biab & Realband are the only two programs I use for all of my songs but I spend most of my time and effort in Realband. Just my 2 cents worth.
In an instance where you may have a track in BIAB that is exactly what you want and you've frozen the track to preserve it. When you open the BIAB file in RB, RB generates very similar, but it won't be exactly the same as the track you saved in BIAB.

For that BIAB audio track, you would want to export that audio file from BIAB and then import it into RB. That ensures you have that track exactly as you want. It would be ok to open the BIAB sgu into RB as normal and all the tracks would generate as described above.

Charlie
© PG Music Forums