PG Music Home
Posted By: Fargonaut Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/21/16 08:06 PM
Hi All-

I am having a number of problems with Realband. First up is that it will not load BFD eco.dll. I have gone thru the process of finding the executables, selecting 'run as admin'; deleting and reinstalling the bb and rb folders; wiping my OS partition and reinstalling W7; wiping the data partition and running biab and rb from the USB media that they were delivered on; and reinstalling the biab and rb folders to run from the data partition once again.

BFD Eco.dll loads fine on my machine into VSTHost and Cantabile Lite. Also loads nicely into BIAB.

I did a search of the forums and hope I didn't miss anything obvious. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/21/16 08:32 PM
BFD2.dll loads into RealBand. Is BFD eco.dll 32 or 64bit, do you have JBridge ?

You can try it in IL MiniHost inside RealBand http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=368498#Post368498
Posted By: Fargonaut Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/21/16 09:00 PM
BFD Eco is just the scaled-down product from them. It comes with both 32 and 64 bit dlls. I did try to load the 64 bit file (that I keep in a separate folder) and was prompted for jbridge, but I did not continue with that line. Since the 32 bit dll on my hard drive was working with BIAB (and everything else I have), I reasoned, it should work with Realband.

I tried to rename the file to eliminate the space, thinking that somehow RB would get thrown off because of it, but that did not work.

I didn't mention that I have all updates installed.

In simplest terms, what does IL Minihost do?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/21/16 09:16 PM
it's like VSTHost but runs inside as a vst.
Posted By: Fargonaut Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/21/16 09:28 PM
I will try it after dinner and let you know. Thx for your response.
Posted By: Fargonaut Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/22/16 04:14 PM
I installed IL MiniHost, and ran it free-standing. It loaded BDF Eco.dll 32bit with no problem.

I closed it, and opened Realband. First I loaded ILMinihost as a vsti, and loaded Trilian.dll. That was fine.

I closed RB, opened a new file, loaded ILMiniHost, and loaded BFD Eco into it. It seemed fine until I pressed Play, then I got a signal feedback loop.

I experimented with settings but got the same result for a while, then began to see Access Violation messages.

After a few more tries RB notified me that my ASIO driver would not load when launching RB, and that I should restart Windows.

At this point I restored Windows to an earlier state and things are back to the way they were yesterday.

So I have a work-around in that I can run BFD Eco from a midi file, just not within RB. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/22/16 04:57 PM
I can't see a Demo/Trial of BFD eco to try it.
Another way is use the Standalone BFD eco set the midi in to LoopMidi then in RealBand set track Midi Output to LoopMidi (set it as a Midi Out in you midi driver settings.

Or use Legree VSTi Legreei.dll and VSTHost

Posted By: Fargonaut Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/22/16 07:32 PM
Ok I have RB playing a midi track, routed to a LoopMidi port, BFD Eco picks it up from LoopMidi and plays. It was sounding a little late so I slid it over 10 ticks. Probably there's a better way to do that but it will do for now. It was a relief to make some progress, thanks to you.

The other tracks, midi and audio, play as usual. I route the midi tracks (to either Coyote or LoopMidi) by rt-clicking on the track name and selecting a "port". Is that the right way to do it? Is there some other way to select a midi output for each track?

My next step would be to make a wav file of it all. The Render/Merge doesn't catch all of the tracks: it omits the midi tracks that I still want to route thru the Coyote, or it records them and leaves out the BFD track, depending on how I have the "re-route midi playback" option set.

Am I missing how to do that? Thanks
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/22/16 08:25 PM
Yes set the midi track to the output you need , coyote, vst or loopmid portsi you can create more loopmidi ports.
To render the drums you can solo them and record on the track below or use the Legreei.dll and VSTHost that will render thru RealBand.
Dragging the midi track to DROP WAV should render them to wav.
Posted By: Fargonaut Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/22/16 09:58 PM
I soloed the BFD midi track and recorded the output (thru LoopMidi and BFD) on the track below as you described. Then I Render/Merged for my final product - very nice, thank you. BTW I could send you a link to a BFD Eco demo installer if you want to look at it.

Legreei.dll is interesting, I have VSTHost so I will check it out when I have the time. Thanks for the suggestion.

There are a number of other problems I have with RB that I want to ask about. I went thru tech support with most of this and they were not able to come up with any solutions. I have been thinking that my copy of RealBand.exe might be damaged and eventually I want to rule that out.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/22/16 10:09 PM
That's great you got it working and got a track in wav.
BFD Eco demo installer, yes thanks will try it out and see if it works in my RB.
Posted By: Fargonaut Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/22/16 10:50 PM
Here's the link - I'll take it down when I hear from you. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2C7Xq-wfpgjQWlTRjRiU0MtZzQ
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Realband won't load BFD Eco.dll - 12/23/16 04:56 AM
Thanks for that, it is crashing here also, just use it how it worked above or try LegreeI.dll.

Other ways, you can use Reaper, it's well, free, or use it like here http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=371691#Post371691

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=368363#Post368363
© PG Music Forums