PG Music Home
I installed JS onto my new system yesterday and it works great BUT...

The plugin window looks like crap. The smaller print is unreadable unless I get out of my chair and move up to within a few feet of my 60" 4K big screen TV. All other plugin windows look great. At first I was thinking this could be a JS problem but just now I opened RB, went into the same project I was working on yesterday and voila! that window looked perfect. I was thinking wow, it cleared itself up but not so fast grasshopper. I closed it checked out the drum track and reopened the plugin and dammit, it's back to being blurry. I've reopened RB again and again it's still blurry. Here's a pic of it:

Attached File
2016-12-25.png  (10 downloads)
To add, first of all how do I continue writing after putting in the attachment?

I've played around with my display options and screen resolution and nothing changes as far as the plugin window is concerned. The resolution is set at the TV's native setting of 1920 X 1080. Win 10 display options lets you set the size of print and icons, the recommended level is 150% which I'm using. I raised that to the max 175% and nothing changed.

I think this is a RB issue because it suddenly looked like it should but alas only one time so far.

Bob
This is Win 10 (and also tried my Win 7 boot - same thing)

RB with JS on my first monitor at its largest native of 1920x1080

EDIT - it is actually more sharp/clear than jpg indicates

(only opened to test this so project is otherwise empty)

Larry

PS Merry Christmas Bob

PPS looks like JS4 might finally make it "to print" next year

Attached picture Sunday, December 25, 2016 (2).jpg
Merry Xmas to you too Larry and thanks for replying.

I wanted to post a clear pic along with the blurry one but I can't get RB to to that again. It still looks like my attachment. To give you an idea of how good my TV is as a monitor I'm sitting in my couch about 8 feet away and I can read your attachment easily even though since it's embedded in the forum it's about 2/3rds the size of my actual plugin window. If I can get mine to look like that, no problem at all but so far it's a one time thing.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Ok, I tested this again this time by doing a full reboot and opening RB alone and I have a good pic again, but I simply closed the window and went in again and it's crap again. Here's what it looked like exactly one minute ago:

Bob

Attached File
2016-12-25 (2).png  (8 downloads)
Was off doing other stuff with wife (it is Xmas) back again for a little while but I have no idea why you have a display issue - other than probably the "connection" (and I don't mean HDMI, DVI or other wiring from PC to HD display.)

Could be Windows graphics drivers and/or sync, could be TV HDMI sync, or as we use to tell pilots (back in the old analog tube days) when they were sitting ready to launch and something crapped out like radar, IFF, radio, or other avionics Code 3 (no fly item) and all we did was reset or kick it and it started working so they could get in the air - the problem was "FM" (F.....g magic).

Back to NOT FM: I closed mine opened again and it's still clear. Do you have a "secondary" monitor you can try this on (you know a smaller more PC dedicated dumb monitor)? Even a laptop to see if it replicates there for you?

I noticed I had been running 32-bit JS3 (no real need for 64-bit JS in my set up, yet I have no gigantic kits) so deleted the 32-bit VSTi and "re-plugged" with 64-bit JS (JBridged) like you show in your jpg's but it made no difference, mine is still fine sorry. I opened, closed, reloaded, minimize and maximize (and all permutations in between).

And you are sure it's JUST JS3 and just in RB? I've tried a bunch others (32 and 64 bit) as well EZdrummer, AD2, Kontakt, Miroslav 2, I even tried to pick some older plugs like that might have had less than ideal graphics Pianissimo, Sampletron, Miroslav 1, etc. - all seem to size, resize, open and close, re-open just fine.

Good luck if I think of anything I'll pop back in here
Have you posted this question in the Jamstix forum for support?

I forget the guys name, but just like Peter Gannon here comes in to answer questions, their boss man is very active in the forum answering questions.

I had some sort of issue with JS1 and I recall him working with me via email to get it back up and running like it was supposed to run. They have some of the best support on the web. Right up there with PG IMHO.

I don't have an answer for you since I have practically stopped using JS since I got BB/RB and started using the real tracks.
It's Ralph, he helped me on Xmas Eve day to d/l my old purchase and key since it's been a few years since I had used it and I have a new system without a DVD drive. I'll ask him about it.

Bob
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
It's Ralph, he helped me on Xmas Eve day to d/l my old purchase and key since it's been a few years since I had used it and I have a new system without a DVD drive. I'll ask him about it.

Bob

Yep. Ralph is a great guy and very helpful
© PG Music Forums