PG Music Home
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Keyboard music - 03/27/17 04:41 PM
will RB allow users to use the keyboard to input midi music recordings?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Keyboard music - 03/28/17 06:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Russell DeMussel
will RB allow users to use the keyboard to input midi music recordings?
Absolutely
Set the track-type to MIDI first, then just record the MIDI with the record button.

Attached picture 2017-03-28_20-40-08.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Keyboard music - 03/28/17 10:55 AM
I may be wrong, but based on Russ's BIAB post, I think he means his computer keyboard, not an external MIDI keyboard.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Keyboard music - 03/28/17 04:39 PM
Whooops, one-track mind. blush
You can tell what instrument I play, eh?
Posted By: jford Re: Keyboard music - 03/28/17 04:41 PM
Quote:
You can tell what instrument I play, eh?

As do I; I just happened to see the other post asking about the keyboard wizard and put 2 and 3 together and got 6...or something like that.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Keyboard music - 03/28/17 04:58 PM
I had a good look through the Help. I understand that the BiaB Computer Keyboard Recording Wizard feature isn't available in RealBand. Others may know more.
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Keyboard music - 03/28/17 05:53 PM

Thanks Mate. I think you're right. The BIAB in RB are pretty minute compared to the flexibility of BIAB. you can input chords in the BB side of RB but you have to generate it each time you add or change something. Very time consuming. But it's also a great learning experience.
Posted By: rharv Re: Keyboard music - 03/28/17 08:49 PM
It used to be there in RB (and PT prior to that) .. probably still is, but I haven't tried it in many many years.
Why would you want to do it this way? There are much better ways; the QWERTY keyboard gave no velocity, was very simple (couldn't hit more than one key at a time, etc), and was quite cumbersome with latency.
Piano roll or event editor may be a better solution in most scenarios.

© PG Music Forums