PG Music Home
Posted By: Beachboy RealBand 2017 Build 6 Update - Drop Zone - 04/03/17 12:14 AM
Would someone see if they can "Drag & Drop" a midi track onto the "Drop Zone" (Midi) in Version 6.
When I do it just does an import on the track below, overwriting whatever is there.
Thanks!
It works fine for me.

I noticed a setting you may want to look at as it may affect how the Drop Zone works. See the photo below.

Another thought. Drop Zone in RealBand works a little different than it does in Band-in-a-Box. When you use your mouse to grab and hold the track number the quadrant turns orange then green. Then you have to enter DAW plug-in mode and use your mouse to grab and drag from the midi quadrant into a DAW midi track.

The Drop Zone retains only the last item you moved into it. As an example, move a midi track number into the midi quadrant and the midi quadrant will turn orange and then green. If you then move the same midi track number into the WAVE quadrant and the WAVE quadrant will turn orange and then green while the midi quadrant turns back to gray.

Could that difference be why you're asking someone to test?

Attached picture RB Midi Drop Zone.jpg
Hi Jim,

I use the feature all the time but yesterday it wouldn't go orange then green but just dark grey and then proceeded to render the midi file to the track below (overwriting what was there). Weird!
I tried a few files, same issue, also a reboot, probably should have done a full shut down.

Today it's fine. lol

Thanks for the help.

Col
© PG Music Forums