PG Music Home
Posted By: jdchess Opening BiaB .SGU files in RealBand - 05/26/17 07:16 PM
Couple of questions...

I have an .SGU file created in BiaB with 5 RealTracks, one of which is a solo in the soloist track that only plays for few bars. There are no MIDI tracks. The soloist track was frozen and the others were not. I opened this file directly in RealBand, and I noticed that it recognized the RealTrack instruments that I had used but there was no audio generated and they were not listed in the tracks window, except for the frozen soloist track. I hit generate all BB tracks and voila, all the RealTracks were there and generated.

Is this normal? Only frozen tracks are carried over to RealBand without regenerating and don't show up in the tracks window until they are generated?

So I went back and opened the file in BiaB and froze all the tracks and then opened it in RealBand again. This seemed to work as everything loaded right from the start this time. However, I noticed one thing that was a little odd. The soloist track is a fiddle soloist. When I loaded the file RealBand named this track "RealSoloist 369: Pedal Steel." It is actually an entirely different fiddle RT. It plays the correct audio that was initially generated in BiaB. It just named it incorrectly. Also, RealBand will not let you change the name. When trying to do so, you get a message that says "Can't change the name of a BB MIDI Track or BB RealTrack." Has anyone else seen this happen? Should this be reported as a bug?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Opening BiaB .SGU files in RealBand - 05/26/17 07:41 PM
Check in Options > Preferences > Song Generation > Auto Generate Song... (If you want that ?)
You can also open the SGU in RB then Drag from BB DROP WAV/MID straight to an RB Track (on track name).

Edit > Track > Make All BB Tracks Regular Tracks
Posted By: rharv Re: Opening BiaB .SGU files in RealBand - 05/26/17 08:08 PM
Yes, I think you are getting normal behavior (see Pipelines reply concerning Preferences)

One thing I always do is once I have the generated tracks I want I use RBs feature 'Make all Tracks Regular Tracks.

This does 2 things.
It allows you to control those aspects you noticed (like renaming a BiaB track). Now it just acts like a regular track.

It also forces you to have a selected track, tracks, or selected area of track(s) in order to generate it.
You lose the ease of automatically generating all tracks (though you still can by selecting them all).
However you can now generate smaller sections of whatever you want using whatever RT/Style you want. It removes a little simplicity but offers many more easily accessed options.

Like I said, once i have generated BiaB tracks in RB, I use
Right-click a track
Tracks > Make all tracks Regular tracks
to make them, well, regular.
© PG Music Forums