PG Music Home
Posted By: Rollo Crisis RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/26/17 04:56 PM
Hi,
I'm using RB 2015 EverythingPAK (on ext. hard drive) on a PC using Windows 7.
RB works OK until I try to save.
When I save I get this weird error showing a bunch of windows.
The error msg is as follows:
'Duplicate call to PossiblyGetFinishedWave OutBuf'

I would appreciate any help I could get with this.
Thanks in advance,
RC
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/27/17 05:08 PM
Rollo,

I haven't seen this error so I'm not sure what it means exactly.

Has RB worked properly in the past? If so, can you recall when it started happening (for example, after a particular plugin was tested, after an antivirus update, using Sampletank 3 as a softsynth, etc.)?

Also, have you tried running RB by right-clicking on the startup shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Rollo Crisis Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/27/17 08:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Noel.
I've been using RB for 2 years now with few problems.
Can't think of anything new I've done. I've been saving all my RB songs to another ext. drive. I'm thinking that the drive might be bad now. I'll try your suggestion.
Thanks again.
RC
Posted By: clinton Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/07/18 12:02 AM
Hi Rollo,
I've been having the same problem lately - mostly the new work is saved but not always - and it may (or may not) have something to do with my Kaspersky internet security having deleted a file from RB - $rbmidimon.exe. It said there was an object in the file called "HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Generic".

I don't understand this at all and have no idea what to do about it - I tried reinstalling RB but it didn't help.

Have you resolved your problem? (I hope so since it was nearly a year ago).

Clinton.
Posted By: clinton Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/07/18 06:43 AM
Hello again,
Further to my reply earlier today, while researching my problem (and yours) on the forum, I came across the idea that switching to an MME driver might help, and so far it has - I'm able to save without crashing (cross fingers).

Anybody with ideas about cause or other fixes, please jump right in.
Clinton.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/07/18 06:59 AM
clinton,

In relation to antivirus software, I always find it best to exclude \bb and \Realband from being scanned.

Many antivirus scanners seem to delete essential BIAB and RB files without asking. This has happened to a number of forum users over the years.

Also, if you are not recording in RB or playing along with the backing, MME should be fine. It's what I always use. ASIO has lower latency and so suits the above operations better.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/07/18 04:41 PM
Hi,

I haven't seen that error message before, but the wording does suggest that it could have something to do with the audio driver. Are you using an MME driver or ASIO? Does switching Audio Driver Types like Clinton suggested make a difference?

If not, does hitting Save As and saving the file in a different folder (like Documents) have any affect?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: jford Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/08/18 11:23 AM
It may not be not related, but if you are saving deeply into a folder structure, pre-2018 versions of RealBand (and PowerTracks) limited the length of the folder path plus the file name to 128 characters. There was a time when that was the Windows limit, but the limit is now 260 characters. It's a probably I dealt with and reported across many versions of both RealBand and PowerTracks testing (not knowing that was the problem). For 2018, I finally figured it out and Jeff Yankauer (the RB/PTPA developer) was kind enough to fix it. My "Save" and "Save As" problems have all gone away now.

Just something to think about.

My problem was my folder structure would be something like:

"E:\MyData\Tunes\MyTunes\Songbooks\Popular\The Name Of Some Song [Artist For The Song]\SEQ File\The Name Of Some Song [Artist For The Song].seq"

At 143 characters, the above would always throw errors when saving. Once the limit was increased to the Windows limit of 260 characters, everything worked great.

Just a thought.
Posted By: clinton Re: RealBand 2015 error when saving - 06/11/18 02:51 PM
Hello all,
It's good to see some further thoughts on the matter: Ive looked at the folder path plus file name character count I typically use, and that comes in at well under 128 in my case so that's not causing my problem but I'll keep it in mind (I'm using a 2011.5 model RB).

Many saves further on I'm still switching when necessary to an MME driver and so far so good.

And an afterthought about ASIO - another use besides recording and playing-along-with is to drastically reduce hang-time when adjusting volumes etc. when working with the mix; it helps keep my mind on the music and off the tech.

(Afterthought no.2: where I come from, ASIO is an acronym for one of our local spook agencies - Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation - so it always has a slightly weird resonance for me in the audio driver context!)

Clinton.
© PG Music Forums