PG Music Home
Posted By: jford PPQ Resolution - 06/29/17 07:38 AM
Running RB2017 Build 7 Release 1.

I launch RB, then I go into Preferences and see that the PPQ resolution is set at 480.

I change my PPQ resolution from the default of 480 to 1920.

I than exit RB and relaunch, and the PPQ is back at 480.

I tried setting it to 1920, then saving as "default template". Same thing; when I come back in, it's back to 480.

Could someone please check this out to see if you are getting the same thing?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: PPQ Resolution - 06/29/17 09:03 AM
Originally Posted By: jford
Running RB2017 Build 7 Release 1.

I launch RB, then I go into Preferences and see that the PPQ resolution is set at 480.

I change my PPQ resolution from the default of 480 to 1920.

I than exit RB and relaunch, and the PPQ is back at 480.

I tried setting it to 1920, then saving as "default template". Same thing; when I come back in, it's back to 480.

Could someone please check this out to see if you are getting the same thing?

Hi John

For me, I used Options > Resolution, not Preferences (I could not find the settings under preferences).

Mine was originally showing at 120. I set to 1920, saved default template, closed RB, restarted and it was now showing at 1920

Attached picture 2017-06-29_21-56-18.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: PPQ Resolution - 06/29/17 10:39 AM
In preferences, it's under the "File" tab.

I would think these should be in sync.

Or maybe not, but the preferences is a checkbox to convert to the desired PPQ. I wouldn't think I would have to change that ever time.

I'll look at the other setting to see what happens.

UPDATE: No matter what I do, it pops back to 480. when I reopen RB. I'll try resetting factory defaults and see if that makes a difference, or perhaps try retrograding to a previous patch to see if it was introduced that way.

Got to go to work now, so I'll have to do it this evening.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: PPQ Resolution - 06/30/17 09:43 AM
OK, thanks John, I see what you mean.

One is to set the song resolution, and one is to convert the PPQ of loaded files.

I got the same result as you when I used the Options > Preferences > File > Convert PPQ value.

It does seem to be an anomaly.
Posted By: jford Re: PPQ Resolution - 06/30/17 12:48 PM
Right, I would like it to adjust the my default PPQ as it loads, without having to do it explicitly after the fact. I know this setting used to work, so not sure what is going on now.
Posted By: rharv Re: PPQ Resolution - 06/30/17 08:32 PM
When I tried changing it in Options-Preferences-File Tab method I got the exception below.

That said, mine is set high already, and I tend to use the Options-Resolution path as my default behavior.
You know where the super secret testing forum is .. I suggest posting this there.

An exception error has occurred. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program.

Access violation at address 00BA9721 in module 'RealBand.exe'. Read of address 00000B04.
Posted By: jford Re: PPQ Resolution - 07/03/17 12:37 PM
Quote:
You know where the super secret testing forum is .. I suggest posting this there.

I will. I just wanted to verify that it wasn't just me.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: PPQ Resolution - 07/04/17 01:04 AM
rharv

I do not get that behavior (i.e., I get no exceptions or crashes) when I try and modify via options -> preferences -> file

However, I DO get same non-saved PPQ as John reports

Larry
© PG Music Forums