PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada Midi in RealBand - 08/22/17 10:13 AM
Hi

Playing around in RealBand with midi songs (covers etc) I've opened them and then Edit/Midi/All Tracks. That seems to work quite well at splitting the tracks up according to their original channels except that it leaves everything on the melody track including the melody. All I want is the melody left on that track or moved somewhere else. Any suggestions. I've tried various things but no luck so far and nothing jumps out of the help. It's obviously more powerful than BIAB for midi as you can easily split up the midi files into different channels and add VST instruments, but ..... ! confused

PS It's a sad state of affairs where there's not a single YouTube video on RealBand 2017!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Midi in RealBand - 08/22/17 11:48 AM
I think that Edit > MIDI > Extract Channels to Tracks creates a copy of all of the items on the original track.

Does it create a separate copy of the Melody also? If so, can you just mute the original track?

What happens if you load the MIDI onto a different track to the Melody track?

In RB, there are 48 tracks available. They only take on the name Melody etc from actually being named separately. RB doesn't actually have generic dedicated tracks names like BiaB does.
Posted By: lambada Re: Midi in RealBand - 08/23/17 11:36 PM
I ended up setting up a template in Reaper that automatically accepts all the midi tracks I paste in, asks me how to assign them eg to multiple tracks and assigns (albeit randomly) the HQ sounds from either SampleTank 2.5/3 or Sforzando. Then I just adjust the midi samples or move the tracks around. Too easy.
© PG Music Forums