PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller Effects on MIDI Track - 09/07/17 04:20 PM
Hi guys, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I can't get an effect to save on a MIDI track. Perhaps this is by design? I can assign an EQ to a MIDI bass track, which works while the program is open. But when the tune is saved and RB reopened, only the synthesizer instrument is listed for the MIDI track's DXi/VSTi, but not the 10-band equalizer that I saved the track/song with. Thanks!
Posted By: rharv Re: Effects on MIDI Track - 09/07/17 10:20 PM
In the DX window there is a Save Group and Load Group function.

I use that to try to remedy this. It saves everything in the FX settings Window as a group of settings and then seems to open them more reliably later. Just a thought.
The SEQ file *should* save them .. but sometimes it doesn't, and loading a saved group seems a bit more reliable (if the file is opened on the same system where the needed 'group' FX files are located where expected). Like I said; just a suggestion for something to try.
Posted By: Warren Keller Re: Effects on MIDI Track - 09/08/17 10:15 AM
Thanks RHARV, I'll try it! You and the Fogles are da' best.
Posted By: Warren Keller Re: Effects on MIDI Track - 09/09/17 10:38 AM
RHARV, I get it. I can load as a group after I've loaded the song. Of course, it's not much different than just reestablishing the settings, but it does save a little time on the one MIDI track. Another thing I noticed is I tried to use gain nodes on that track and even taking it down a few decibels made the instrument cut out completely. Maybe the nodes are not meant to work on a MIDI track? I circumvented that by just recording a mixer move to lower and raise the volume on it. Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums