PG Music Home
Posted By: freeman RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/02/17 08:22 PM
Hi folks,

Went to use RB yesterday and discovered all the PG DX plugins along with Ozone, Alloy, and Nectar elements are gone. Opened BiaB to see if they were missing there too and that's okay.
Went searching for the problem with nothing ...nadda'.
So did a re-install of RB with no change...very confusing.
Don't know where to look next so any and all input is more than welcome.
I should mention here that the last time RB was used prior to this it shut down just fine with no problems or glitches.

Running BiaB / RB 2017 on Win 7/64

Many thanks in advance

Rusty
Posted By: Noel96 Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/02/17 08:26 PM
Rusty,

To start-up Realband, right-click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator". I suspect that this might solve the Realband issue with the DX plugins. (When Windows says that Realband wants to make changes to your computer, allow it. It's safe.)

Let us know. If it works, then I'll tell you how to set the start-up option permanently.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: freeman Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/02/17 08:47 PM
Hi Noel, thanks for the quick reply from down under.

The administrator thing was one of the first things I tried...no joy.

What's strange is it's still showing two VST's that were at the bottom of the list (Nectar 2 and DDLY delay), everything else is missing.

Rusty
Posted By: rharv Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/02/17 09:32 PM
I might check the VSTPluginList.INI file in your active Realband folder (using Notepad to see it). Compare it to a previous list and shown results .. maybe try rename/copy/paste from a previous version if one is known.

Does the list in this INI file match your list available in RB?

Seems strange they'd be gone, I'd try to do a mass fix in one pass by replacing the file, but can you at least re-add the desired plugin(s)? If you go to the Add VST section, can you relocate the dll and get that plugin working again?

If the BiaB basic plugins are missing, running the "pgdx_plug_2_0_0' executable file in your active folder should re-install them, but it sounds like your plugin list has become corrupted or missing to me.
Posted By: jford Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/03/17 11:31 AM
Just to be clear, these are the DX (not VST) plugins?

If you go to the DX/VST Options screen, perhaps try Re-scanning for New DX Plugins, or perhaps even running the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Also look at the "Edit DX Exclusion List", which shows which DX plugins to include or exclude.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/03/17 05:26 PM
Hi Rusty,

Is there a file in your RealBand folder called "MaxPluginsToScan.txt"? If there is, please close RealBand and delete that file, then see if the DX plugins then appear.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: freeman Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/03/17 10:46 PM
Problem fixed!

Thanks Kent, your suggestion did the trick...You da' man!

Noel, Bob, and John many thanks for your help also.
This forum is without a doubt the best out there...

Thanks again guys.

Rusty
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 10/04/17 10:43 PM
Hi Rusty,

Glad I could help, thanks for the update!

In case anyone was wondering what happened, we had a rare issue where if something was wrong with someone's DirectX installation, Band-in-a-Box and RealBand would freeze while scanning for DirectX plugins upon opening. The only fix was to reinstall Windows (which obviously nobody wants to tell a customer to do).

So now if an error occurs during that stage of opening Band-in-a-Box or RealBand, that text file is created, which tells the program not to scan for DX plugins next time, so the program can still open and be used.

Sometimes, some other error will occur on bootup, the file gets created, and then the application then won't load DX plugins. As soon as you delete the file, things go back to normal.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: methodman Re: RB DX plugins missing.... - 12/08/17 10:44 PM
Kontak opens up but not to the full plugIn The browser fails to extend the screen to the entire project. Any solutions?
© PG Music Forums