PG Music Home
Posted By: rharv Problem after latest updates - RB (8) & BB468 - 10/22/17 12:23 PM
I am getting BBW2.exe errors whenever the accompaniment popup occurs in RB and on launch in BiaB.

I've discovered I know longer have BBW2.exe in my \bb folder.
I have BBW and BBW3 but not 2.

I'll try to redo both the 468 BiaB update and the RB 8 update in the mean time ..

**Edit
Same issue prevails
After re-installing both updates and launching BiaB I get error (trace below):

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bbw.exe
Application Version: 2017.0.8.468
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: QuickTime.qts_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 542dbdf4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 6238ccf9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 26c9
Additional Information 2: 26c9b9924ce1129bd159937d376d84a1
Additional Information 3: 9af1
Additional Information 4: 9af117855d7c8833e77161ee75da3d75

Attached picture NoBBW2.jpg
I've got BBW2.exe in x:\RealBand\data\ folder. It's dated October 13, 2017

There is no BBW2.exe in my x:\bb\... folders

There are also a heap of renamed BBW2.exe files in x:\RealBand\rbyyyy_backup\ folder (e.g. x:\RealBand\rb2017_backup\

The BBW2.exe file in the data folder is larger than the previous files.

It's unusual that a reinstall didn't replace the file. Maybe a job for the support team?

Attached picture 2017-10-23_03-18-48.jpg
As a further thought, I guess you did try running the installer as Administrator? Not sure if that would make a difference.
Like I said; it does exist in Realband\data
I was surprised to find it didn't exist in \bb\
.. but you seem to confirm this is normal, other than mine is crashing
I also have lots of copies in the RB backup folders
Welcome to the club. I won't load 8.
RealBand\Data\bbw2.exe is just bb\bbw.exe but runs in the background to generate tracks for RB, so it can run independent of having BB.
It is working here, you can try it with the UCA off or by right clicking bbw2.exe Properties > Compatibility > Run As Administrator
see if that helps, but yes it needs fixing if you have that problem now.
I believe only RealBand runs BBW2.exe. BIAB doesn't use it, because, well it is it!
Pipeline; I've ran RB as admin for years, hasn't changed.
I tried that, re-install, I guess next would be to load one of the dozens of backups (probably hundreds if I searched the system) in the RBBackups folder(s) .. and find another that works.

Or wait.
Originally Posted By: rharv
I tried that, re-install, I guess next would be to load one of the dozens of backups (probably hundreds if I searched the system) in the RBBackups folder(s) .. and find another that works.

Or wait.

The old waiting game, eh?

Attached picture 2017-10-24_11-02-01.jpg
Try bbw2.exe Properties > Compatibility > Run As Administrator
or run bbw2 before you hit generate in RB then see what happens.
I tried setting the Properties for the BBW2 file in Realband\data to 'Run as Adminstrator' .. no luck
Trying to launch BBW2 beforehand generated the same error here. Didn't seem to matter if I launched it before or after launching RB.

One of the few times I am hitting my frustration point; usually I can battle my way through this stuff.

Is it worth giving the telephone support folk a shout?
It has always been worth it, but not possible given my current availability, unfortunately.
I keep missing the window by 1/2 hour or more.
Live Chat has also showed no current option available when I tried that (except leave message, we'll get back to you).

I have no problem letting PGMusic remote in, lead me verbally, chat or whatever, but my timing just hasn't worked recently. My fault

I've been busy with other things and was really wondering if I am unique with this problem (apparently so).
It probably isn't urgent since it is a unique issue, but like I mentioned, I can usually solve these issues and am stymied this time. At least so far. <grin>
I understand the frustration. It's more-often-than-not you who is resolving these kind of problems for others.
I had another thought. Have you tried renaming RB.CFG and RB.INI?

Might be a long shot. Not sure.
You like me have been around these progs a long time.When we are stumped,,,..... grin
As a very long time user also, I wouldn't know what to do, as it is usually Bob (RHarv) that figures out my weird problems when I get stumped.
We are working on this. FWIW, it is normal not to have bbw2.exe in the bb folder. It should only be in the RealBand/Data folder.
Thanks Andrew for clarification

I'm sure we'll get this fixed
There has been more significant progress over the last day on this.
I may be a unique problem, but PGMusic support has been hard at work helping solve this.
As usual
smile

Thanks
© PG Music Forums